Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a New Service 455 in a local gun store this week. Nickeled, 5.5 inch barrel, gold hammer and trigger, Jay Scott fake stags, back of cylinder shaved, no British proofs present.. Owner tells me it letters to British purchasing agent in 1915, that it is all correct and he has it on good authority that a few were made up like this for senior British commanders in WW 1. I told him that the grips were 1970's era products and unless the British hired a General Santa Anna this wasn't a senior officer gun. he is asking $800 I told him it was worth $450 tops and left shaking my head. Oh well a fool and his money......

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I saw a New Service 455 in a local gun store this week. Nickeled, 5.5 inch barrel, gold hammer and trigger, Jay Scott fake stags, back of cylinder shaved, no British proofs present.. Owner tells me it letters to British purchasing agent in 1915, that it is all correct and he has it on good authority that a few were made up like this for senior British commanders in WW 1. I told him that the grips were 1970's era products and unless the British hired a General Santa Anna this wasn't a senior officer gun. he is asking $800 I told him it was worth $450 tops and left shaking my head. Oh well a fool and his money......
Go back and tell him that after thinking about it some more, you will now offer $425.00 if it may please come with no 'story'...or, $375.00 with the story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.