Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could one of you collectors give me an idea of what a Colt New Service Target is worth? It is a 7-7.5 inch 45 colt and in almost perfect condition. It has a king white line rear sight blade and a king front sight blade. Has beautiful checkered grips. I am thinking of letting a friend that sells on Gunbroker sell it for me but would like to have an idea of what to expect. Yes, it is original blue, and according to a Colt book it is from 1926. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
It would be nice to see a picture or two. The King sights mean that it has been worked on. There may be some other mods that you do not recognize. Since I don't know your experience level in judging original blue or New Service Targets, I'd need to see some good photos before I give you an estimate of its value.

Buck

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Could one of you collectors give me an idea of what a Colt New Service Target is worth? It is a 7-7.5 inch 45 colt and in almost perfect condition. It has a king white line rear sight blade and a king front sight blade. Has beautiful checkered grips. I am thinking of letting a friend that sells on Gunbroker sell it for me but would like to have an idea of what to expect. Yes, it is original blue, and according to a Colt book it is from 1926. Thanks in advance.

Yup...we have to have some good, well lit, general and up-close Images to tell you much of anything.

Many 'New Services' were modified over the years to have 'Target' features, while having been ordinary Models originally.

These are modified Revolvers then, and, are in a different category from Original ones.

The 'Modified along the way to have Target Features' examples are a completely different state of affairs, from an original 'Factory' Target Model New Service.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,509 Posts
If the gun is original and in 98% condition then is should bring at least $3000. The King sights will not hurt the value as they are an add on item that many target shooters used back in the 1930's. The barrel length is 7 1/2" as Colt only offered the NST with 6" and 7 1/2" barrel lengths. The .45 Long Colt is the most common but Colt did offer these in .45 Acp. which are rare. Make sure that you check to see exactly what it is. I have found several .45 Acp. New Services over the years that sellers thought were just .45 LC. Please post pictures for additional help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the gun is original and in 98% condition then is should bring at least $3000. The King sights will not hurt the value as they are an add on item that many target shooters used back in the 1930's. The barrel length is 7 1/2" as Colt only offered the NST with 6" and 7 1/2" barrel lengths. The .45 Long Colt is the most common but Colt did offer these in .45 Acp. which are rare. Make sure that you check to see exactly what it is. I have found several .45 Acp. New Services over the years that sellers thought were just .45 LC. Please post pictures for additional help.

Thank you very much. How do I find out how to post pics?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Picture Posting 101

1. Go to the message editor.
  2. Click the paper clip icon.
  3. Click add files.
  4. Click select files.
  5. Browse your computer until you find the .jpg file you want.
  6. Select the image, then click save.
  7. Click upload files.
  8. In the attachments box, click Insert Inline, and then Done.
  9. Double click the image to resize it as you wish.

Buck

An example:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts