Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Offered a reworked new service (45 Colt)yesterday. barrel has been shortened to about 3 1/2 inches(pretty good job) and it had been polished and nickeled at some time long ago. Aside from that it locked up tight and I could find no trace of timing problems. The barrel markings thin but still distinct. Not so, for the frame. He was asking $350 and it seemed about 50 to 100 too high to me for a gun that has had that much work done on it. All together an attractive piece. What is your opinion?

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
It sounds pretty cool . But , I agree . Maybe $275-300 .

What kind of grips ? Condition ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
If the revolvers has a good bore I would say value could be as high as $300. I see many reworked New Service revolvers that have terrible bores from shooting corrosive ammo in the 20's and 30's. Bob

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bore and chambers seem to be excellent. Didn't have the time to inspect it real thoroughly. I believe the grips are a later addition though they have colt emblems. Perhaps from numrich or somewhere. medium colored wood nicely checkered with minimal wear. I'll talk to him again since he's a member of my shooting club.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts