Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call from my local gun shop and he informed me that he has just received 10 new Sig P-210s if I was interested to head over and check them out. Does anyone know what the cost of these are? I have seen them on like for $1479 or in that area. I would like to know a more reasonable cost for the gun since I believe this is full retail for the gun. Anyone out here have an idea of dealer cost on these or what is reasonably priced one should be selling for? The new ones are made in New Hampshire and no longer coming in from over seas. I like the older style with the bottom of grip mag release but since they are no longer being made as such well I guess I'm stuck to the new style in American version. It really disappoints me when they redesign a great original design. It's not like anyone is going to carry the thing for self protection. At least I don't think it will be such a big hit for carry gun. It has some down falls as a full size single stack weapon. I don't mind it but it is a bit large for self defense carry. Anyhow, any info would be appreciated. Has anyone considered buying one of these great guns?

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Start out by reading the basic history of the model on Wikipedia, so you can determine which variant you're dealing with:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer_P210

I wouldn't spend a lot of money for a newly made one. The legendary and desirable collectible ones are guns like the Dash-4 German BGS version and the Danish M/49. Not to disrespect your enthusiasm for the gun, but the modern production is just an overpriced copy of an obsolete design IMHO.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree and already own one made in Germany. It's new in the box and I don't want to shoot it. I rather buy one of the new ones to shoot. They are making a target model with 5 and 6" versions and a standard sight version and a new 4" carry version which I'm looking to buy when it hits the market. I'm just wondering whats a good price for one.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
KMK:

Check Gun Broker, there are always a number of them listed, old and new. I was told SIG
has been making both the target and the standard 210 up in New Hampshire for several
years now. Your LGS should be able to order you one if you can't find it.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
These are orderable for dealers from SIG directbut not shipping yet...at least last week. They will be allocated by all distributors at first until they start showing up in the pipeline. Same thing like with the Legion SAO’s when they first came out, but I have a feeling they will be more of a limited production. Good luck, it looks like a great gun.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay people I got the low down today. My dealer got in 25 and they are all sold already. Only the target models are available at the moment to be followed by the regular fixed sight version. By January to February the long 6" version target and the 4" carry model should be shipping out of Sig. I didn't buy one today since I have a German target model already and want the 4" carry model. This info is not coming from me but from Sig dealer rep. I do have to say, I held and examined the 210 and I have to say it is tight and put together well. Fit and finish is 100%. The grip feels great in hand. I can't wait for the carry version. I did check guns international and they are listed at $1479. Gun broker wasn't showing anything unless I am not looking it up correctly but there were some older mfg versions which are crazy money if you ask me. I'm just trying to figure out what is a decent price for one not retail.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I just received a call from my local gun shop and he informed me that he has just received 10 new Sig P-210s if I was interested to head over and check them out. Does anyone know what the cost of these are? I have seen them on like for $1479 or in that area. I would like to know a more reasonable cost for the gun since I believe this is full retail for the gun. Anyone out here have an idea of dealer cost on these or what is reasonably priced one should be selling for? The new ones are made in New Hampshire and no longer coming in from over seas. I like the older style with the bottom of grip mag release but since they are no longer being made as such well I guess I'm stuck to the new style in American version. It really disappoints me when they redesign a great original design. It's not like anyone is going to carry the thing for self protection. At least I don't think it will be such a big hit for carry gun. It has some down falls as a full size single stack weapon. I don't mind it but it is a bit large for self defense carry. Anyhow, any info would be appreciated. Has anyone considered buying one of these great guns?

I have one made in Germany, the P210 Legend Target Model. The first were made in Switzerland and command the most money. But these had several features not great for shooting, like the safety lever was set at an angle making the user twist the gun to get it off.

The German ones are great. They still could use a little tweak in the safety lever but they are the Colt Pythons of Pistols. Such a smooth trigger! Hard to believe. Mine weighs 37 oz but feels like a balloon in hand to shoot. I bought it new at Gubroker for $1200. Now the German ones are more I believe. It is insanely accurate but I wouldn't CARRY it. The weight + the buttery smoothness of the trigger action. The latter makes it too easy to shoot mistakenly for a Self Defense gun. That trigger plus the anxiety of a real emergency in my view would combine for a real possibility of a bad shoot.

The American ones I know zip about. Here's a good article on the German ones, the Sig P210 Legend, I think, like mine, the Target Model.

Gun Review: SIG Sauer P210 Legend Target - The Truth About Guns

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You scored your German model. I paid over $2000 for mine. They do have a great smooth trigger and are reputed to be very accurate. I just want one to shoot. I was going to shoot mine but since the value rose on them I changed my mind very rapidly. I want to get the carry model since it is shorter in slide length and I prefer the shorter version. As for carry purposes, well lets say it wont be in my holster since I have several other hi cap compact guns that will fit my needs for that purpose. It will be fun to shoot and impress the hell out of other shooters at the range.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
You scored your German model. I paid over $2000 for mine. They do have a great smooth trigger and are reputed to be very accurate. I just want one to shoot. I was going to shoot mine but since the value rose on them I changed my mind very rapidly. I want to get the carry model since it is shorter in slide length and I prefer the shorter version. As for carry purposes, well lets say it wont be in my holster since I have several other hi cap compact guns that will fit my needs for that purpose. It will be fun to shoot and impress the hell out of other shooters at the range.
That gun will certainly impress other shooters. My Python does too. Soon as they hear the crack of .357 from that gun they all begin to look around like there's a jet passing thru the range. See everybody shoots 9mm now and has forgotten the sound of .357 Magnum, (or maybe never heard it). And when they see the looks of the Python itself.... well, we all know.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Got to handle my first P210 at the gunshow today. Proud owner brought one in and showed everything there is to know about his Swiss made gun. I have to say I was really impressed with the modular system of the hammer group and the fit and finish was really good. 1963 model with a holster and spare mag which he said he paid $2100 for it on gun broker.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a good price as well. It's a buyers market right now. Dealers are unloading New guns at cost to generate liquid cash in my area. I can't speak for the rest of the country. Some are even selling stuff at lesser than it's actual value to generate cash. So this being said I'm not surprised to read that someone purchased some nice stuff at a deal. Hope he enjoys shooting it. I would love to grab one around that price specially a Swiss model.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Much depends which P210 model you want. There are half dozen different varieties.
If it's a "plain Jane" P210 military type you can get it for $2,100-2,500. I recently bought
a Swiss made (1997) P210-6, which is a target / competition model. It's really sweet
but I had to shell out $3,500 to get it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I imported a Sig P-210-4 from Switzerland a few years ago. The -4 was used by the German BUNDESGRENZSCHUTE aka Federal Border Guards, early post WWII.

This P-210 was one of 5,000 or so Pistols that the Germans bought and used. I’ve shot it; it’s a great shooting gun; every bit as good as the “hype” about it!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the traditional model as you show CWO, I like the heal mag release. I am also aware of all the model variations since I have been studying them for some time. Some are really high on pricing. I am not interested in any target models or heavy frame versions. I don't mind the 30 Luger cal. but prefer the 9mm. I like the one just like in the pic above. I will get one it's just matter of time and dedicated searching. The new ones are in no comparison to the originals since they have changed the original design on them and I consider Hybrids. I will buy one just to have as a shooter but will still look to put an original into my collection. I have the German made one already. I'm looking for the Swiss to add into my collection. Thanks for the pics and If I can find one like the German Border Guard one that would really be great for me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
SIGs are absolutely stellar pistols, especially the old models, unfortunately the P210 do not seem to have much of a market here.
The P226 is surely my favourite service pistol.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Colt45acp, you are correct. I love the older Sigs. I have an original P226 made in West Germany that is still new in the box. I had 2 but was stupid enough to sell 1 off. I am not a fan of the US made ones. I had one but with nothing but problems which I sold off. I will buy a German made Sig any day. The P210 never hit it off here because of several things. By the time the years of the wonder 9s began all the LE agencies were running for hi-cap mags. That was the first strike at the P210 since it is a single stack mag. 2- it had a heal mag release which everyone in the USA wanted the push button like the 1911 style. 3- the price was a major issue. No LE agency would pay to get the best for their men and women. I hate to say it but as a former LE myself, I always felt expendable working for any agency. It's sad but true. The only agency that I know of who went over and beyond to arm their guys with the best in the market weapons were the US Park Police and NJ State Police. There may be more but these I am sure of. They actually went out and purchased H&K P7's for their guys. The departments who allow their employees to carry what they want is also excluded from the list since they are leaving it up to you to pick your weapon and if you pick something cheap and unreliable then shame on you since your life is on the line. P210 is a real nice weapon and I personally am not looking for a carry pistol since I have down sized my carry pistol but am looking for a real nice collectable and occasional shooter.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
There is a Swiss model P210 on GB right now for $2,500 -- former Danish police pistol. Looks nice.
This one? http://www.gunbroker.com/item/715181773

The $2500 is the starting bid, but the BIN is $3300 so I'm thinking the reserve is probably well north of $3k. I lucked out and found a very clean Danish M/49 just a couple of weeks ago, not mint but definitely "minty". Paid $2700 and was very happy to hand over the money.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is one sweet looking piece there Olle. Congratulations and enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts