Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the gun show at the St. Paul River Centre and got out of there with only a purchase of wood stocks. Snapped a before and after picture of the King Cobra for your enjoyment.

Thanks for looking.
-Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those wood stock's look amazing! Do you know who sell's them? Are they Colt manufactured? The only thing that makes me cringe is seeing your beautiful gun on the rocks!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pythonguy,
The stocks, per the vendor, were Colt issue for a previous special factory variation of the KC.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information Majic. It looks like the pony is displayed on the medallion of your stocks, vs lettering and cobra head on mine.
-Bob

·
Registered
794 Posts
The style/shape of the 2 pictured stocks are certainly the same. Majic's gun sports the 150 Anniversary medallion, whereas the Woodsmith stocks have the King Cobra medallion from the custom shop.

Like Majic, I own a 2" Blued King Cobra. However mine is not the very nice Combat Cobra like the one pictured. (I have been envious of his gun for a long time now!) Mine is from the Custom Shop and is called a King Cobra CCL. It has the same style/shape wood grips/stocks/thingy's with the King Cobra medallion.

I can't tell you specifically all the different King Cobra's that came with this style wood and medallion, but I believe most were the shorter barrel versions, and most had come from the Custom Shop. What I don't understand is why the Combat Cobra like Majic's which I think is a Custom Shop offering from Lew Horton, didn't come with the King Cobra medallions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts