Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just received this 1943 OM .22 yesterday. Figured this might be the place to learn something about them... Yup, this be the place /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Haven't had a chance to try it out, but I'm thinking it will give my custom Ruger MkII a run for it's money. Looking forward to spending some time here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to Colt collecting. It could become a bit addicting. By the way, beautiful piece.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just what I need, another addiction.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
"fast bikes, well made guns and a good woman..
what more could you want?"
welcome to the forum /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, how about old wiskey??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the warm welcome, old whiskey is a whole 'nother discussion and I've been known to appreciate a fine single malt scotch. But I've never turned down anything with an alcohol content lower than my own /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Personal preference is well aged dark rum, over a couple ice cubes.

i c dux.... Italian ducs? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm mostly a rimfire guy, makes it easy to shoot a lot for a little. Some small game hunting in the fall rounds it out.
A 70 Series .45 Gold Cup I bought new in '81, is the extent of my centerfires, but that's all I've ever wanted bad enough to keep. The rest fall by the wayside, unloved and forgotten... Sounds like a good country song. On second thought, not really.......

Well, it's a beautiful day, the yard needs work, the wife is AT work, I'm going for a motorcycle ride.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Glad you're here.

Really that is a neat concept. Concentrating on shooting .22 handguns. More bangs for the buck.

'Cept I couldn't do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Glad you're here.
'Cept I couldn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks.. The newer .17 rimfires caught my attention about a year ago, have been having a ball with the littler .17Hm2 in a Ruger 10/22. This one was shot at 100 yards..

The far left hole was a sighter for windage..

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I've been thinking I'd get around to getting a .17 rifle of some kind. Since I handload .22 Hornet I can't quite jump off. May do it one of these days though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts