Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of wheeling, dealing and other such tactics, I finally got the CCO I have wanted. I have sought a LWT Commander for a long time, and when I got this opportunity I jumped on it (on this forum). It already had a sight job done it, Heinie rear and Trijicon front. (dovetailed) The slide was refinished and there was a slight melt job applied. The MSH was changed out to a smooth one with rounded butt-end. The only thing I could ask for is front strap checkering. My first 100 rds resulted in no flaws, shooting ball and JHP ammo. This is a nice pistol. Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
The CCO was one of the best CCW/off duty/carry pistols every made. Still have mine....was a custom order through the Gunsite shop with a custom serial number. Little did I know it'd save my life (and most likely a few others) one day. It's not going anywhere.

Shoot it, carry it and trust it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I could never understand why Colt did not offer this CCO as a long term/long run item. It is by far the best balanced Colt of all my 1911's and no real velocity loss from the Commander barrel and very concealable due to the Officer frame. I loved mine so much I just bought another one at Gunsite. Gunsite also replaces the MIM parts with Chip McCormick tool steel parts which is one more plus for the Gunsite edition. They also have Novak low mount sights and who knows if it will be a collector item with it's "Gunsite CCO" roll mark and manual?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congratulations on your new, best friend. I agree with the others; Colt should make the CCO a standard catalog item.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also have one a cco like yours, minus all the updates. It's a great weapon, thanks to Talo for getting them produced!
I agree something like it should be a standard catalog item.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments. I have been carrying it regularly, especially with the weather getting cooler. I got one of the Wilson checkered front straps and installed. Slight mods due to officers frame, but very nice. It is the cheap way out for front strap checkering. I have a friend who does a lot of 1911 work to include bobtailing. I offered to go in halves with him for proper front strapping gear from Brownell's, but so far no go. This fine guns should be a regular on the line gun as they are the ultimate, imho, in concealed carry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts