Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
I checked Gunbroker completed auctions and there was a 1968 with the with fake MOP grips went for $606.56. A very nice one from 1974 sold for $1295. Another one from 1975 sold with one bid for the starting bid of $999.99.
There is an active auction for a 1968 with the box and it is bid up to $1,100 with 3 days to go.
Last years blue book says 90%-$850, 95%-$1050, 98%-$1350. Add 30% for .22 and add 30% for 38 cal with 3" bbl.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, then I did well. I would rate the condition at 90% due to the fact that the nickel is flaking slightly aboove the left grip and there is a scratch just below the prancing horse logo. There are also some small scratches throughout the gun and nickel wear on the backstrap. Is there a premium in value due to the barrel length? I know S&W revolvers carry a premium on snubbies.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Wow, then I did well. I would rate the condition at 90% due to the fact that the nickel is flaking slightly aboove the left grip and there is a scratch just below the prancing horse logo. There are also some small scratches throughout the gun and nickel wear on the backstrap. Is there a premium in value due to the barrel length? I know S&W revolvers carry a premium on snubbies.
Yes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts