Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this nice Model of 1917 from a contact of fellow forum member. This nice 1917 was made in 1919 and was one of the last shipped. I was able to put together a holster rig to go with it. I am mostly a 1911 guy but the beauty of this old gun and condition were to much to pass up. Thanks Truman

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
As far as double action revolvers go, my preferance has always been toward the Smith & Wesson double action guns, especially the Model 29 .44 Magnum and the 586 .357 Magnum. But a Colt New Service was my first very own handgun when I was young, and I've always had a soft spot for the New Service/M1917 revovlers. These were available when I was young for $15~$25, though I paid a whopping $30 for my ex-RNWMP New Service in select condition. Mine was a .45 Colt ex-.455 Eley, rebuilt to .44 Special. Then came a succession of M1917s with $1.50/box .45 ACP ammo.

Thanks for your photos. When I was in the Army, .45 ACP cartridges still came packed with a couple of pairs of half-moon clips.

Bob Wright

P.S. If you just had one of those Army "Smokey the Bear" hats in your photo...............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.