Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie that has been lurking on the forum for a little while now. Thanks for all the helpful information.

I purchased this from a LGS who stated that this commander never left the factory until he received it. Blue box, paperwork, new gun warranty. Marked "USED" in red lettering over the white spec label. New in 2001 this commander is the enhanced version, flat top pre XSE. According to the LGS, some pistols may sit on shelves for years as prototypes for testing. This LGS has a good relationship with COLT and I have no reason to doubt his words. Happy to get it, it appears like new condition and is my most accurate 1911. I have no plans to change the sights as they work good for me. I am curious about them. I have read about C-More, Heine, and Novak? Can any of you identify the sights on this commander.?

Thanks in advance,
Liveliner

Liveliner

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
There was a thread about an early Defender that had the same sight, and the answer was C-more.
Hopefully someone that knows for certain can verify my answer.

·
Registered
440 Posts
They are C-More Competition sights. Also used on the XS series pistols. What you have looks to be a pre-XS pistol. If it was marked "Used" by Colt on the box, it may have been used at shows etc. I have a mint, unturned Colt SAA, all blue that came in from Colt. The Colt factory box label was also marked "Used". You have a very nice item.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.