Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gentlemen,

I just completed a Swap/Purchase with a friend, for this Python.

I swapped him a Colt New Agentwith CT grips and little cash for this 6" Python.

The 4" one with the Goodyears in the picture has been with me for about 18 years, if I had to guess..............But I haven't shot it much over that time..........

This newer one wears Elliasons and a Red Ramp..........The 4" wears the Accro sights.

The finish on this new one, * After comparison to the '69 4" is as good, to me eye........

At first, I thought the new finish was lacking lustre, but after a cleaning and comparison,.....They are very much the same.

The only mark on this new gun is a little "chafe" on the LH sideplate from the factory Walnut Grips.

The previous owner had installed a set of Pachmeyer Presentation Grips, but they don't feel anything like the Pachmeyer Grippers that are on my 4"....................I guess I need to hunt up another pair of those "Grippers" for Range and Field use...........

Luckily, the OEM Factory Walnuts came with the gun............NO Box or Docs, though................

I ran the serial number ..with help from another member..........and it dates to '80-'81....So, 5 to 6 years before the Strike.....

That pleases me.

Thanks for viewing........

Tom

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.