Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have to share this. I collect S&W but have several Colts also. I never had a Python and decided to purchase one. I noticed on one of the auction sites a 4" in about 96% condition. The serial # and mechanical condtion were not given but the price was $600.00 so I took it. I figured I would take a chance as I wanted a shooter anyway. I received it yesterday. First, the exterior is in the 96-97% condition but the timing is off. No problem, called Colt and apprx. $55.00 will fix it.
Now for surprise, the serial # is 380xx which puts it at 1964. I think I am pretty happy.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,888 Posts
Welcome to the fellow sufferers of IEV, (Infantile Equine Virus), also known as Colt buyer's Syndrome.

It's always nice to get a good deal, and you got a winner of a deal. Usually these are advertised as "Rare, early Pythons" and the price is jacked up.

Colt will re-tune your Python to 100% condition, and you will certainly enjoy shooting a true American legend.

A '64 Python should have the second-type walnut Colt target grips, with the checkering wrapping 1/2 the way around the gold medallions, and no "thumb rest" on the right-hand side.
Even these are now becoming valuable collectibles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts