Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New XS Officer\'s photo

Here is a photo of an XS Officer's I bought last month. It was NIB, the store had it sitting around for about 5 years, part of the time lost in the back room. It had a few handling marks on it but nothing too serious. Because of this I decided to shoot it. I put about 200 rounds through it of various ammo. No reliabilty issues and quite accurate at combat distances.
Darnell

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: New XS Officer\'s photo

Darnell... you have there one of the finest Colt 1911's ever made. I'm quite envious, my friend! Nice pic too! Enjoy that wonderful gun!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the kind words Don. The photography needs some help yet but as you've said before, it's all about the guns. I just wanted to share a photo of the XS as long as I had taken the camera to the gun room to get a photo of the S&W 48 last night.
I really like this Colt, as I mentioned, it has become one of my favorites for now. Do you have an XS? With all of the 1911s you have you must have one. Or, maybe I could use this one as trade to get one of those 3" Smiths away from you. LOL
I know that is unlikely. A guy can always dream.
Take care,
Darnell

·
Registered
55 Posts

If DHart says "nice pic" you have been handed a true complement. His photos on other forums are set the standard, IMHO.

Bart Noir
Who really likes the pistola also

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Bart,
Dhart and I have have had some business dealings and have developed a great friendship along the way. He is truly a great guy and his compliment was very much appreciated. You won't find a more genuine all around nice guy who just happens to have one heck of a collection of awesome handguns with the talent to make us drool over them.
Darnell

·
Registered
93 Posts
I too had one of those I bought it brand new. Never shot it. They are very rare. I would be surprised if they made more than 1000. I collected officers models and never saw another one mine was near perfect condition. All in all a great score.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts