Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Dems and lefties still control things on a local level.
May have lost the case and now it’s ‘shall issue’ instead of ‘may issue’. But my guess is there will still be a mountain of paperwork required, high costs and probably 3-4yrs wait due to ‘application backlog sir’.
Yeah!!! Scotus ruled in their favor. This will only make the Dems dig deeper to find a way to drag ass and prevent people from carrying.
The Gov was literally in tears crying how this is such a dark day. Not like permits are gonna start flying out in overnight packages to people.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,548 Posts
Justice Thomas's key words are difficult to argue with, not that the Left won't try.............

"We know of no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need. That is not how the First Amendment works when it comes to unpopular speech or the free exercise of religion. It is not how the Sixth Amendment works when it comes to a defendant’s right to confront the witnesses against him. And it is not how the Second Amendment works when it comes to public carry for self defense".

Justice Bryer seems to think that the written Constitution depends on whatever is going on in the culture. IE: because we allow criminals to run wild, the Constitution has to be invalidated.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What could be more comforting than knowing that everyone on your car on the 6 Train is packing heat. As if life in NYC wasn't interesting enough. I bet this will put an end to all the car horns honking on the street, too. When I lived in Houston you never honked at anyone, EVER! Maybe that will become the norm in The Big Apple. Imagine, the only noise will be the sound of police cars, fire engines, ambulances, garbage trucks, construction sites and jack hammers. The picture of serenity.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Any excuse for these people to have a complete meltdown. What’s ironic is that most of the whiners really don’t know the subject matter much less anything about guns. Wait till Roe v Wade gets tossed!! They will be going crazy again. It’s terrible for 19 people to be killed in a school shooting but 3000 abortions per day in the US doesn’t even register. Pete

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Purple Sleeve Gesture Bow tie Blazer

Reactions: Wes Terner

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't know. I've been on a lot of trains in NYC and have seen a lot of people I'd prefer not to be packing. 😅
So how, exactly, would the SCOTUS ruling affect whether THOSE people are packing? :unsure:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.