Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
905 Posts

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Justice Thomas also included the 14th amendment in his majority opinion. Not to put too fine a point on it, but he applied the rationale as the FFs intended.
And not to be over the top politically, but as a collateral matter, he also drew some scrutiny to the bogus 'right to privacy' issue central to the incorrect Row v. Wade decision.
(Note that the SC made law out of thin air in that case.) The man is brilliant.
Given the clear language and intent of 2A and 14A, it is difficult, if not impossible, to disagree with the decision.
God bless the United States of America!
Will there be an avalanche of new CC permits for those affected?
We shall see.
Do not hold your breath. There will be a lag in the implementation.
Meanwhile, be confident that the fundamental basis of our form of government will prevail. It must.

ps. The previous is not a political statement. It has nothing to do with politics. It has everything to do with the foundation of the greatest, most durable, well
devised, thoughtful, and fair republic in the history of the planet. Not political, just the facts.
pps. Some firearms content:
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Font Gun barrel Rectangle
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Line

Air gun Wood Gun barrel Trigger Wood stain

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

Jes' sayin....
A few of the boys....

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I don't know. I've been on a lot of trains in NYC and have seen a lot of people I'd prefer not to be packing. 😅
Don't miss the point. The weirdos, nuts, criminals, sociopaths, lefty anarchists, and any other BGs of any description already are packing. Or, if they aren't, they are otherwise prepared and willing to do you and others harm.
I will take my chances with the safety equipment, thank you. No point in going down without fight, eh?

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
Don't miss the point. The weirdos, nuts, criminals, sociopaths, lefty anarchists, and any other BGs of any description already are packing. Or, if they aren't, they are otherwise prepared and willing to do you and others harm.
I will take my chances with the safety equipment, thank you. No point in going down without fight, eh?
Thanks, but I didn't miss the point. It was just a joke. It wasn't meant to offend.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
hello; absolutely!!!!!
regards, bro

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks, but I didn't miss the point. It was just a joke. It wasn't meant to offend.
Understood!
...And my response was a rhetorical question!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Here's the part I don't get: in New York, Boston, Philadelphia and other liberal cities, when they have restrictive gun laws, aren't they disarming themselves? By cheering this Court decision aren't you, in effect, promoting the arming of the very "lefty anarchists" you seem so concerned about? When LGSs begin sprouting on every vacant corner in New York City who's going to be buying all those weapons, the 10 Conservatives who live in Manhattan?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
No offense taken. I did not make the connection. Scary bad people are ubiquitous.
The upshot is, ordinary normal folk ought to have the option to be on equal footing with the bleepheads.
It is not an issue in these parts. This is a Constitutional Carry state, among other things. We naturally assume that everybody has the option to cast the deciding vote, so to speak, which makes the bleepheads consider the integrity of their own gizzard, should they do something truly stupid.
Are any of you familiar with the unwritten 'sonovabitch' rule? It is sort of a traditional approach to certain kinds of situations where a real bag guy gets sent back to the manufacturer as the natural result of serious antisocial behavior. It implies that there will be very little interest in prosecution of the 'sender' when the problem is solved suddenly outside the normal judicial process.
Years ago, it was common to allow this natural equilibrium to prevail.
The coroner, the sheriff, and the prosecutor would ditch the case before somebody got screwed for doing the right thing.
Those we're simpler times.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
No offense taken. I did not make the connection. Scary bad people are ubiquitous.
The upshot is, ordinary normal folk ought to have the option to be on equal footing with the bleepheads.
It is not an issue in these parts. This is a Constitutional Carry state, among other things. We naturally assume that everybody has the option to cast the deciding vote, so to speak, which makes the bleepheads consider the integrity of their own gizzard, should they do something truly stupid.
Are any of you familiar with the unwritten 'sonovabitch' rule? It is sort of a traditional approach to certain kinds of situations where a real bag guy gets sent back to the manufacturer as the natural result of serious antisocial behavior. It implies that there will be very little interest in prosecution of the 'sender' when the problem is solved suddenly outside the normal judicial process.
Years ago, it was common to allow this natural equilibrium to prevail.
The coroner, the sheriff, and the prosecutor would ditch the case before somebody got screwed for doing the right thing.
Those we're simpler times.

And much “BETTER” times as well. 👍👍

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
O
Here's the part I don't get: in New York, Boston, Philadelphia and other liberal cities, when they have restrictive gun laws, aren't they disarming themselves? By. cheering this Court decision aren't you, in effect, promoting the arming of the very "lefty anarchists" you seem so concerned about? When LGSs begin sprouting on every vacant corner in New York City who's going to be buying all those weapons, the 10 Conservatives who live in Manhattan?
Everyone has the right defend themselves. Do you suppose the bad guys are not ready to maim and kill?
If the population of legitimate citizens are restricted in the exercise of their God given right to self preservation, would it not stand to reason that the anarchists will have their way at the expense of the innocent? Was that not the theme for last summer's nationwide plague of 'peaceful protest'?
Cowardly reluctance to deal with evil is not the answer. Do not trust a cutthroat to not cut your throat.
The problem is not the normal legal trade in firearms. It is the existence of unrestricted criminal activity by criminals, grasshopper.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.