Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve always lusted after Pythons, but they`ve always seemed too expensive, and after all, they`re "only a .357". I finally found one that`s in my price range. It`s a 4 inch, electroless nickel (I believe and was told), 99.9% but no box or paperwork. Serial # is K66363. When was this one made? What is a good price as described? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome aboard,

What stocks/grips are on the Python ?
Rubber or Wood with Colt logos ?

An electroless nickel Python with that serial number would have been made sometime after 1978 but before 1984/85. 1983 started the Stainless Steel Pythons and Colt then faded out the Nickel Pythons.
I tend to see a lot less Satin or Electroless Nickel Pythons.
I would think a dead Mint no Box satin Nickel Python should bring in the $800-$900 range.
Nickel 4 inch barrel guns are not rare and would not bring any kind of premium that I am aware of.
It shows a premium in the Blue Book, but I don't think you would get any more money than you would a Blue one truthfully.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)
FYI:If you turn this gun into a shooter, I would expect the value to decline. As a Dead mint satin Nickel could be sought after as a collector piece. If someone was to buy a shooter, they would prefer a Stainless gun over the plated version, due in part to the plating possibly flaking off.
Stainless would be an easier gun to keep nice in my opinion.
That's just MY opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It`s got black rubber grips with the Colt medallion. I paid $700 out the door with 2 boxes of ammo. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,913 Posts
Good price.
The Electroless Nickel, also known as "Coltguard" was a lower production option.

K66363 was made in 1981.
The year started off at K16266, and stopped at K75747 at the end of the year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts