Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined rather quickly with every intention of gaining information and using it to sell 2 New Colts I didn't think I had an interest in. I posted a newbie question and the experts fell out of the sky. Then they infected me with the Colt disease and I now have one new Colt for sale. I'm afraid to stick around long because it only took them 3 days to convince me to keep one.....they can probably get me to keep the other in less time. They were all very friendly and informative and just made you feel like you were talking with people you had known all along. Thank you for the great advice but thank you more for helping me to slow down long enough to see I really did want one of the guns for myself. I have fired guns earlier in my life but somehow it just didn't make the impression on me like today while firing my new Colt DS2 (I love saying that), I guess they weren't mine then. I promise not to let it sit unused or be dirty! Accessories are surely next. Thank you, Sarah

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
I think you should stick around; at least a little while longer. Don't you think you owe it to yourself to see what lies around the next corner? Nice post!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Well, Sarah, welcome aboard the Forum! Not many of the Forum members have clearly identified themselves as ladies, and your joining us is surely a statement that Colts are not just for boys. Thank you. My wife grew up in a gun-owning household but was never really "gun enthused" until our fourth year of marriage. Now she has a concealed carry license here in Ohio and packs heat just as naturally as putting on shoes or grabbing her purse.

You are right about the experts here: plenty of experience, knowledge and a genuine interest in all things Colt. I found this out myself when I stumbled into the Forum last December. Not regretted a day since and I still learn something each time I sign on. Oh...... and yes, you are now addicted. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was so sweet....are you saying your wife has handbags to match her gun or did I just read that into what you really said? I went today, again, and did a 50 box (said in my best ghetto voice) and had such a wonderful time for the 17 minutes it took to fire them. I see why they sell them in the econo-boxes now. I looked into a CCW this morning.....I love gun terms now.....great luck to your Mrs. in her doing's...and you. Thank you for the encouragement. The Gun Gal, Sarah

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
That was so sweet....are you saying your wife has handbags to match her gun or did I just read that into what you really said?
Truth to tell, my wife's concealed carry weapon is a S&W Lady Smith .38 Special. It goes well with any purse or footwear! Last month I bought what I thought was a Colt 1st Generation Detective Special (DS1?) but during my research I found it to in fact be a rebarreled Police Positive Special (also in .38 Special caliber.) My first clue was that since it was made in 1922 it could not have been a DS. Someone along the way apparently replaced the original barrel with a much shorter one. But, I paid only $200.00 for it and it is in great shape, so I think I did OK. It's definitely not a collectible, but it's also much more than a "parts gun." Besides, it shoots well and I now carry it concealed myself. I am glad you kept your DS, too. It will appreciate faster than almost any investment, even gold, and will never depreciate. Colts are as solid as Corvettes.

BTW, if you haven't looked at the Revolver area of Colt Forum, I strongly suggest you do so. I learned most of my revolver stuff there. A great place to learn and share. And don't forget to post pix, too!

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts