Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LGS got this from a collection. From what I see it's in nice shape for a 1901 (?).
Interesting that I didn't pick up the double stamped caliber until it showed up in the picture.
Hammer looks new, but other numbers match on the bottom of grip frame and inside the grips.
There are no numbers on the grip frame under the grips. Cylinder has no markings on it what so ever. There is no address on the barrel and hammer has a little trouble getting into the last click. Very tight action, no slop.
Didn't pay a lot for it, looks to be a fun shooter. So what do the experts say, does it deserve a letter to see what it originally was ?
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Revolver
Revolver Shotgun
?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think it's a 1909. Looks like a very interesting piece. Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
It was buffed and re-blued at some point, and since the cylinder doesn't have the chamfer on the flutes it was also probably changed, but it should make a fun shooter. I really like 32-20 and it's almost always a conversation starter at the range when I take mine out. I also really like the bowed trigger guard; I don't have one from that vintage and would like to pick one up one of these days.

Best regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.