Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NIB 4\" nickel DB

Stopped into my favorite gun shop yesterday. The one we recently bought the 4" OM from, almost wishing he had nothing new to show us, as about tapped out is the "moolaa" situation.

In the case is a NIB Nickel 4" Diamondback, with box, papers, hangtag, and even plastic bag it came in.

No need to post a pic, as it looks exactly like the one Shoodaddy posted the other day, except for the barrel length. Got what I feel was a super price on it.

Enough already! At least till we refill the money jar.

Uh Oh! Forgot to say 22 cal.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Re: NIB 4\" nickel DB

Congrats on the new purchase.
Now step away from the next one and let then rest of us get in on the action. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
705 Posts

What is something like that going for? I know what I sold the last 2 for that I had. But no box for either. Ballpark figures.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Paid around a grand, plus tax & $5.00 Florida criminal check. Thought it was a pretty good deal for that gun.

There is one on auction arms auction site now for almost $1,800.00. I think at the present time that may be a tad high, but not in a couple of years.

Colt made a lot less Diamondbacks than they did Pythons.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

Colt made a lot less Diamondbacks than they did Pythons.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they made a lot less DBs in .22LR than they did .38SPL.

You got a good deal, maybe $200-300 below what I have seen.
$1800 is off the chart

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Good grief! They were super selling prices. Are gun prices higher in Ohio? Those prices would never fly down in sunny Florida.

We think a lot of our gun & pawn shop guns come from retiree snowbirds that bring them down from up your way, and sell or trade for a Keltec, or smaller gun for protection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts