1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I guess I am missing something. I do not know if the label is original or correct, but that sticker could have been put on by any number of stores it may have been placed for sale for in it's history. Do not know enough about these labels and guns to know if it is authentic but I have seen many stores place tacky stickers on many things.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I guess I am missing something. I do not know if the label is original or correct, but that sticker could have been put on by any number of stores it may have been placed for sale for in it's history. Do not know enough about these labels and guns to know if it is authentic but I have seen many stores place tacky stickers on many things.
no that label is no where close to being original.

having said that, I do need to find some boxed guns like that so I can shoot them then when i'm done I can put them in the box and they'll become new again! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
The label is no where near close to original but this seller is close to Fake Colt Box Man in Sparta TN.These reproductions are just getting to be more and more rediculious. The sad thing is that the gun would sell just on the merits of the gun alone,just not at that inflated price. I am one of those guys that doesn't give a rats ass about cardboard and paper. There is such an abundance of fakes out thier they almost outnumber the true originals.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What's up with the grips? they look like they came off a Python. They're bigger than the damned gun.
That little Dick Special needs some size-appropriate grips.
Or some Diamondback grips.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
The grips appear to be diamondback grips, but I could be wrong. The whole label thing with colt's just throws me for a loop. There is no end to what people will fake for a buck. I'm surprised that guy that openly sells them has not been prosecuted for copyright infringement yet
What's up with the grips? they look like they came off a Python. They're bigger than the damned gun.
That little Dick Special needs some size-appropriate grips.
Or some Diamondback grips.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
He isn't prosecuted for copyright infringement because Colt made thier money a very long time ago with boxes, labels, hang tags and Double Action Revolvers they sold and no longer make. Criminal prosecution costs Money which could be better spent keeping up with the current volume of orders for the products they are still making ,training the staff they still have, and getting thier ducks in a row.The sad thing is many of Sparta Man's customers don't do thier homework as to how to spot fakes,and sellers team up those products with a "Resurected Python", ie one that went to Colt for a Reblue and return to factory specs, to have a "REBORN NIB Python" and are getting conned out of major league money.The "Poor Little Lamb Buyer" will shell out the cash, get this item, not know any better, and there it will sit in the safe.......And so the story goes.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
In the open Cylinder image - it looks like the Cylinder Chambers are bored 'Straight Through' with no 'Step'.

Revolver Auto part Rim Steel Metal

Is this one meant to chamber the original .38 Long Colt Cartridge???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts