Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm up visiting my mom in Toledo. She knows I like guns and in particular revolvers so she says to me "You remember your grandmother's gun don't you" and proceeds to pull out a pristine agent without the ejector shroud. I couldn't believe the shape this little beauty was in. If it has been fired it can't be more than a couple of cylinders full. Not even a cylinder line. Then to top it off she asks me if I want it!! Of course I refused because she uses it for self protection. I asked her if she had the box and she say "Yeah, somewhere around here.". Kind of a cool thing.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

·
Administrator
7,045 Posts
Buy her a replacement for the Agent . Maybe a clean used Model 10 Smith or ...? Just a thought . /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
72 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Buy her a replacement for the Agent . Maybe a clean used Model 10 Smith or ...? Just a thought . /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought as well. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[ QUOTE ]
Just sit back and wait because you know where it is. In time it will be your turn to take possession.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I would go the route of a replacement revolver. Unfortunately, at times families fight over possessions after the loved ones die, even over things they don't particularly want, but would rather not let someone else have.

Also, I worked a number of natural death calls during my cop days. Belongings can "disappear" during these calls. You have firemen, EMTs, ambulance attendants, police, family members and neighbors all in the house.

Get her another gun and take the Colt home now. And I hope that you can enjoy having your mother around for many years to come.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Old pristine Agents are hard to come by. You can replace it with a newer revolver and she will be no less protected, and since she doesn't collect firearms she won't care in the least about the swap.

You aren't "hosing" your Mom, you are just making a swap that hurts no one.

I purchased my Mother in law a Charter Arms Undercover years ago (the original Charter Arms, not Charco or the later, iffy quality Charco's) and its an excellent little firearm. I notice they are still available on GA new in the box. I've got Colts and S/W snubbies, and none of them are any easier to shoot , OR MORE ACCURATE than the little Charter Arms Undercover.

Possession is 9/10's of the law (or so I've heard), so trading for the Agent now can save you a lot of potential misunderstandings later.

Just my old fart opinion.

Best Wishes,
JP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts