Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across at a recent gun show. Looked hard at the gun and it appeared to be original finish (rollmarks and edges looked sharp, etc). However, the trigger and grip safety were case hardened like on the blue guns. Could that have been factory? Not an expert on these little guys but all the nickel guns I have seen were all nickel.

Thanks much.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I once had a friend that owned a later Vest Pocket made in 1939 that was nickel plated and had case hardened trigger and grips. I believe the one he had was refinished though. I would strongly suspect a refinish on the one you saw at the show. Then again with Colt.....never say never.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Ran across at a recent gun show. Looked hard at the gun and it appeared to be original finish (rollmarks and edges looked sharp, etc). However, the trigger and grip safety were case hardened like on the blue guns. Could that have been factory? Not an expert on these little guys but all the nickel guns I have seen were all nickel.

Thanks much.
Were the barrel and magazine nickel?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Were the barrel and magazine nickel?
I didn't remove the mag or work the slide, unfortunately.

I have to admit it was an attractive piece. The CCH parts looked good against the nickel. If it was a refinish someone did a very good job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts