Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nickel 6\" Diamondback NIB and others

Just watched on sell on GB for 1800.00 yeaterday.I want an honest opinion from all the Diamondback guys.Do you think that is a fair price for that gun now.I know where they have been and it looks like they are going to the moon.Just so everyone knows I have none I am selling just looking for honest input.Personally in a Colt right now the King Cobra is the best buy of all and that will probably not last much longer.I just completed my Anaconda set and now is the time to get it done if you plan to do it.They are rising fast also.Any opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: Nickel 6\" Diamondback NIB and others

For a NIB 6" nickel 22, that is about where Diamondbacks are now. I think that was part of the two gun Bank of Findlay set offered to depositors.

The two went for over $3,200.00. The other one was a 6" Python which in my mind was a hair high.

Don't expect Diamondbacks to stop going up in value. I'm glad we bought what we bought when we did. By fall of this year, I expect them to be even higher.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

$1800 seems to be right on, in fact I am somewhat surprised they are still going for that price.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I agree that seems to be the going price.I follow the trends very closely and have about all the prices pretty well defined as of now.It is changing rapidly though.The DB are moving fast.As I said before the Anaconda's amd the King Cobra's are still the best bargins in a Colt.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Due to overall popularity of the Diamondback 22 and the limited production of the nickel ones, it is probably about right. I expect them to go higher.

·
Registered
150 Posts

One possible result of the .22 Diamondback buying "mania" seems to be the availability and comparatively reasonable prices of both the pre and post war .22 Officers Models and O.M. Targets. I was recently able to pick up a 98% O.M. .22 made in 1935-with unbuggered sight screws-for less than $400. Checkered trigger and backstrap, hand honed action and that "fairly nice" Colt blue for less than half the going price for a 6" Diamondback. Might be the exception, but comparative prices seem to be pretty reasonable for an awfully nice series of revolvers. -Asa

·
Registered
778 Posts

I don't want to burst anyones Diamondback bubble, but IMO only some DB types are shooting skyward. All have gone up in value lately, but the 22 cal. DB's particularly nickel finish 98% or better have gone nuts.

We have a 4" NIB nickel 22 with papers, and in the original plastic bag, that I am sure is our most valuable one.

Our other nickel ones come next, and then blued 22's before 38's, then 2-1/2" 38's. I seem to see more 4" 38's than any others. Any in the box jump the price at least $150.00, also papers help the value too. I think the older ones with the service type stocks are more valuable than the newer prefix ones.

I have left out 2-1/2" 22's as we all know what they are worth.

This is JMO based on what I see selling on the auctions lately. Diamondbacks in excellent shape rarely turn up in gun shops, or at gun show around here. I am sure there are more knowledgable members out there that know more than I do. These are just my observations.

I still believe that Colt made far less Diamondbacks than they did Phythons.

Diamondbacks are cute little devils, and I think this adds to there appeal.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

robba you have a pretty good handle on what is going on.
The top three on scarcity and availablity are the 2 1/2" blue .22, 2 1/2" nickel .22, and the 6" nickel .38 being the hardest to find.

I got lucky a couple months ago and snagged a 4" blue .22 in unfired condition with no box or docs for $600 though and then stoled away into the night like a thief. A few are out there, but they are like a needle in a haystack.
Good hunting guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts