Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we've probably done one of these before but not for a while. My favorite finish on old Colt's is nickel with fire blue, closely followed by high polish blue and fire blue.
Anyway, share your nickel/fire blue revolvers here. Here's my old 1892. Not in perfect condition but presentable still, and pretty rare to find in Nickel.
I paid under $300 for it a few years ago.

And not to limit this just to original Colts, this is a Cimarron fluted 1860 Army that I cut down and had nickel plated and fire blued. This one now resides in Muddyboot's collection.
It was sad to sell it but it couldn't have gone to a better home.

·
Registered
130 Posts
1998 SAA 4 3/4" Nickel with fire blued screws and factory Elephant Ivory. I really do like the look of bright Nickel with fire blue accents on a Colt !!

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
first time I have seen this; a nickel plated cowboy buntline? Has this been discussed? Special order? Early serial number.
It actually has a special serial number. Of the Cowboys that I have seen the TF is usually a prefix, or on rare occasions like special orders I've seen the TF as a suffix. This one has the T prefixed and the F as a suffix. Definitely a bit different, this Cowboy is really a beauty in person - it has character.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
And not to limit this just to original Colts, this is a Cimarron fluted 1860 Army that I cut down and had nickel plated and fire blued. This one now resides in Muddyboot's collection.
It was sad to sell it but it couldn't have gone to a better home.

Erik, if you ever made one of these using a cartridge conversion, I think I would have to have it. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts