Colt Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I just picked up this 1926 Police Positive Special and, while the grips look correct sans medallions, and they fit very well, I don't know if it is worth ordering a Colt Archive Letter to confirm the grips. I have no doubt that the finish is original. Thoughts?

View attachment 714481

View attachment 714483
Larger pics and a view of the butt of these grips would be helpful in determining if they could be Colt grips.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
If the pearls fit perfectly everywhere, and are not thin in the butt view (includes SN), then they could be Colt grips. The screw escutcheon appears to be properly placed. So if they fit perfectly, it might be a good idea to request a factory letter. Even if a letter doesn't confirm the pearl grips, the destination may be interesting in itself. The gun's superb condition, with nearly 100% nickel, also would justify a letter.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts

1965 Colt Official Police (bought recently) wearing my inherited great grandpa and former 1950's police chief's MOP's. Some things just have a way of working out eventually. He carried a 4" Nickel OP according to pictures I have on hand. Nobody in the family can seem to find the gun....so I found another one!!! It wears them well. A beautiful combination in person and this picture does it NO JUSTICE!

181 - 187 of 187 Posts