Colt Forum banner
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
Collect older handguns from Colt and S&W primarily
430 Posts
Colt Police Positive Special circa 1925 in .32-20 WCF.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry

Reactions: 22_Matt

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Cam,
Thanks. On my end it looked like duplicates. The forum has made it super easy to post pictures now, super easy actually! He was well liked. A shame I never met him. A Boxing fan and they say the biggest Baltimore Orioles fan around these parts!

·
The Consummate Collector
7,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Cam,
Thanks. On my end it looked like duplicates. The forum has made it super easy to post pictures now, super easy actually! He was well liked. A shame I never met him. A Boxing fan and they say the biggest Baltimore Orioles fan around these parts!
It was a duplicate, we got it fixed for you. Got the photo of your grandfather to full size as well. Looks great now. Thanks for posting and I always enjoy these types of photos.

I wonder if the pearl stocks were a standard feature of the department or were the guys picking what they liked best? I notice both Colts have them.

Cam.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Thanks, Cam. Actually the family never found the actual revolver. He bought or acquired these grips early in his career and I was told that he had them on more than one gun and that they were cherished. I bought this OP because they fit it well and it was near exactly what he carried. I believe the firearms were town property as they are today. Apparently Pearl stocks are a symbol of leadership although no-one ever told Patton about that!

141 - 157 of 157 Posts