Colt Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I did end up picking up this gun. The guy had 100 rounds of ammo for it. Now, where would I be able to get the black grips?
ebay generally has 1stGen non eagle hard rubber grips for sale. I also have several pairs if you don't have any luck elsewhere. You can PM me.

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Well, since you got 100 .41Colt rounds with it, you got the gun for about $840 - you did very, very well. I have a thing for .41 Colt as well. Not sure why. Just do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wow, that ammo is hard to get, too? Is it because of the recent run on all ammo, or is the 41 always hard to get?
Dave

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome aboard from north Texas! As others have stated, it has been plated but still looks good. If the bore condition is good it should be an excellent buy.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Wow, that ammo is hard to get, too? Is it because of the recent run on all ammo, or is the 41 always hard to get?
Dave
.41 Colt is an obsolete caliber. If anyone still manufactures it, which I doubt, it is impossible to find. Most that I know that use it cast their own bullets and roll their own cartridges. It started out as a heeled bullet, like the .22 rimfire. In later years they went to a hollow-base bullet that can flare to engage the rifling. Cimarron Firearms offers their version of the M1877 (single-action only) in .41 Colt.

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Dave
I bought one box a few years ago for $80. It was the only box of .41Colt I've seen around this area since. Forgot the brand. It was one that frequently puts out various old caliber/cowboy loads. I didn't even have a gun for it at the time but just wanted it. As others have said, most reload their own.

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
New Empty brass is available from Starline. A few smaller companies load 41 colt but it’s availability is spotty. I load and cast my own. The only poor quality ammo I have ever bought new was precision cartridge out of Indiana. The bullets barely made it out of the barrel until 1 finally stuck in my barrel during a cowboy match.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts