Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
It would be easier and just as nice, much more durable and cheaper, if you just polished it.
What's the reason behind the plating ?

I've polished MANY of my S&W revolvers....

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just like the nickel look and would be curious to see it in nickel.Thought about picking up a used one and trying it.How do you polish the dull stainless to look bright.Remember I am definitely not a professional.I love to look at them and shoot them but I sure as heck can not repair them.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
All of the above guns were done by me with only taking of the grips and cylinder release.
That's it. No other disassembly was used.
I did them all with Mothers mag polish (Paste)
Finish up with Mothers Billet polish.
A couple of rags, some elbow grease while watchin the tube and your all set. Polish to the level of brightness you want. No machines were used.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)
Been doing it for years and telling people how for a about a year or two now.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Or you can start a hunt for one of the 1st Edition Anacondas that were highly polished from the factory. Probably the only difference in the polished SS and nickel is the SS won't have the coloring hue of the nickel, but the SS will also never peel.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
No need to hunt any further, there's one on GB with a buy-it-now of $1350.

Then again, you can buy a used one for $650-$750 and do it yourself for a lot less.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,703 Posts
Or, if you want a true mirror-like polish that looks like bright nickel, the Colt factory offers the Colt Ultimate Bright polish on any Colt stainless pistol.

They do it the right way, which means removal of ALL machine marks while keeping flats flat and sharp edges sharp.
Contact the factory for pricing.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
They do it the right way

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now, not to argue the point, but I've seen some pretty bad bright polish jobs come right out of the factory.
Some I couldn't believe were factory done.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is my custom hardchromed /bright polished Nighthawk Talon IV -the plating was done at APWCOGAN.COM which is Accurate plating --the pic does it no justice and they were polite ,mannerly and even sent the gun back to Nighthawk to re-engrave because they were not 100% pleased .
[

1 - 9 of 9 Posts