Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking seriously at a nice 1976 4" nickel python. I examined it, appears to be in very good
condition. The reputable dealer describes it as "near mint". I agree. Comes with box, paperwork,
and screwdriver. Stocks have very minor dings, better than some I have on my other Pythons.
Question is the price: $2600. Is this in the ballpark? I'm willing to pay for good merchandise.
Not looking to turn and make a profit. Will keep and shoot and someday hand over to my son/heirs.
Thanks for any help.
Will :eek:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
sounds pretty durned high for texas.
i'm thinking you could get the same gun at a gunshow in houston and have that extra $600 donated to the ralph7 foundation. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
sounds pretty durned high for texas.
i'm thinking you could get the same gun at a gunshow in houston and have that extra $600 donated to the ralph7 foundation. :rolleyes:
Have'nt heard of that foundation Ralph:confused:,but he can feel free to pm me for my address,I accept most any form of payment;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
That seems too high in today's market. You are the only one that can make that decision though. However, it is a little steep. Good luck..........:cool:

·
Registered
758 Posts
I agree that it is a very high price, but someone will pay that price. How bad do you want it????????????????

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate all the opinions and advice. That's what I ask for and received and I will certainly take
them into consideration. Probably will pass on this nice gun unless the dealer will come down a few
hundred, and I don't think he will.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Make sure you check the cylinder timing too. I see these in blue for $1,800. If its in excellent condition with no wear on the finish from being holstered i say haggle it with all new $100 bills. I would think its worth $2,200 in excellent condition++++. Start off with showing $1,800 in 100 dollar bills. Do not show all your cash just show 18. Then put 100 dollar bills in each pocket so he sees no wad. I'd go to 1,900 and stop and talk to see if he bites. Then i'd go to $2,000 and say thats about all i have. Lets face it he got it way cheaper than he is asking. Do not look too excieted and at $1,900 ask him what else do you have? Start browsing then hit him with 2k final offer.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've got the same gun, a '75 model that's about 90%, bought it less than 2 yrs. ago for $1100. No box or docs, but now I feel like it's a bargain! Jeesh, things change fast in the Colt world. Sold a 6" matte stainless about a year ago for the whopping sum of $1000, which I knew was cheap, then. The '75 gun had a better trigger and I'm a sucker for nickel! Good luck whatever you decide.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question came to mind: were these nickel Pythons of this era ('70's) sold new with wood or rubber stocks?
I know the stainless Pythons in the '80's came originally with rubber. Inquiring minds...Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts