Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is $1150 fair for what appears to be an unfired 1978 vintage Nickel Python with 4" barrel? No box or papers and missing original grips.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
To be honest, it sounds about $200 too high considering all the conditions. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I must have read right over "missing original grips", knock off at least another $100 down to $850.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No more than $900 in perfect shooting shape. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

·
Registered
810 Posts
Steve, should have been at the show, the guy next table over from me sold a NIB, 2.5inch nickel Python serial number E-98xx this morning for $1100. It was NICE!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As they said above, I too feel that the 4" , no box or "correct" grips is too high..............

·
Registered
689 Posts
Taking a quick look at GA (not an Auction Site) 4 inch Python asking prices are ranging from a low of $850.00 to a high of $1,850.00…

This is inclusive of 9 (1 Nickel and 8 Blue) guns… All have Python Grips and 3 are listed As New In Box. Those 3 have an asking price of $1,200; $1,500 & $1,850… The average asking price of the other 6 is $965.00 of which is the number to use for comparison…

Now throw into the mix that you can obtain Colt Grips for approximately $200.00, a box (non-matching, blue from Colt or Brownell’s) for another $40.00 and an owner’s manual (no charge from Colt)…

All things considered I’d have to say that their asking price of $1,100.00 without Colt Grips is considerably high and I would resume my search…

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Hey VDM.... Could you BE more complete with those statistics ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Good job.
Next time just put it all in a graph form so we don't have to read so much... LOL

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
689 Posts
You bet...

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts