Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a Nickel Target Python from a private seller. It has a box, but no end labels, so in reality there is no box. I believe it does have papers and I know it is lettered. I know a good price is whatever makes both the seller and buyer happy and condition is everything, but what is reasonable as a high and low. I have stopped buying pythons because I believe prices have gotten too high, but I would be interested if the price and condition is right. I would not really classify myself as a collector, more of an accumulator, and I tend to hold on to what I purchase for quite a while. I also shoot my guns more often than not, but I am not a heavy shooter, and If I have an unshot collectors gun it will stay that way. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Did someone say not many made ?
Read the remarks section below.

Here's how people know that. Straight from the horses mouth.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
What is the condition of the Target Python? Wooden or Rubber Stocks?

Several months ago (which equates to 20 Python years) I observed NIB specimens sell for about $2600 to $2800. It would take a whole bunch more for me to let go of one now. In your situation, it really depends on the condition.

·
Registered
382 Posts
exactly with no original box, condition is paramount, and as Kanatak mentioned, grips are $$ too. definitely worth pursuing around the 2k figure

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Why .38 special? I thought pythons were all .357 mag? But im a noobie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts