Colt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All...I have a Viper that I purchased a while ago. I am sure it isn't a fake based on a number of factors. The grips are correct and serial number range is correct as well as the frame and barrel are clearly original. It is not NIB and has no box or paperwork. It is factory nickel in finish. The nickel has some cloudy areas and a bit of flaking near the muzzle. The mechanical condition is perfect and it appears to have been fired little or none since leaving the factory in 1977. I have ordered a letter to verify authenticity...My questions are: I understand that original nickel finish is less common than blued. Any idea how much less? Is the nickel Viper more valuable? I know that top dollar is paid for NIB Vipers and that seems to be substantial. Value drops a lot based on condition so this one isn't in that category. I know its hard to place any value without pictures but I am not able to post any right now. So, any opinions on the possible realistic value range? I think its more than the $450 I paid for it, perhaps...I am planning to sell or trade it and would like to have some idea what its worth...Thanks for any info...Frizz

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.