Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nickle 6\" Diamnondback

Did anyone see this yet, I bid until it hurt and the price just keeps going up. If only I didn't need to eat or pay bills that would be mine.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=61148709

The Mrs. just doesn't think I need it as much as I do.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: Nickle 6\" Diamnondback

Boy, that is a beauty. Eating and paying bills are highly overated /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Amazing, isn't it.
Maybe I aught to sell mine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts

I just can't keep up with a lot of this!
Who are these bidders? Are they newbies caught up in the frenzy or am I just a cheapskate/behind the economic times?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Somebody is going to spent his or hers Christmasbonus early this year! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Maybe this is the first DB to hit outside the black of the target. RARE DB indead. Tight pattern.

·
Registered
991 Posts

I bet if it had a starting price of $1500 there would be zero bids. A little exaggerated, but I think their is a messed up psychology behind these auctions and the bidders.

·
Registered
759 Posts

I wonder how many of these get bid up like this, and then the buyer can't or won't honor the deal.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Guys, this is shill bidding like I've never seen before. Notice the low rating by all the bidders. Most likely the seller is placing his own bids. If you allow yourselves to get caught up in this excitement then I should buy this gun and resell it next week.....for a profit.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Shill bidding? Perhaps. But, maybe they are just new buyers who might be interested in getting a really nice nickel Diamondback 22. If I bid, I would have no rating and I have a few of these. Never bought a gun on either (GB or AA) auction site.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Will the next issue of "blue book of gun values" read the following? .22LR 6" barreled and nickeled DB, add $500 for hang tag, add $550 for out of focus photos, add $200 for near duplicate photos, add $400 for first time buyers.

I passed up one of these DB variations at the last gun show for half the selling price. I considered that price was overpriced and this auction final price is double overpriced.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: UPDATE!!! - Nickle 6\" Diamnondback

[ QUOTE ]
Too Funny! No pictures either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same high bidder as the other one. Hmmmmmmm!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Re: UPDATE!!! - Nickle 6\" Diamnondback

Buckaroo73 must like Diamondbacks and have deep pockets. If this is "real", I can't blame the seller for trying. You notice it has the correct box and not necessarily THE box.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts