Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really like my Series 1991. I really do! It looks great, feels great, shoots great, and is part of history. What's not to like? It doesn't have lots of bells and whistles - but that's what I like about it!

That being said, there was one thing I thought that could be improved: the sights.

I like night sights - specifically, those made by Trijicon. I have them on all my pistols (except the Bersa Thunder, because Trijicon doesn't make sights for Bersa Thunders), so I checked the Trijicon site to see if they made something for Series 1991 Colts. Lo and behold, they do! What an improvement over the original sights in low light. I also think they are a bit easier to pick up in adequate lighting.

Purists may disagree, but if anyone has a Series 1991 and wanted to do something about the sights (which weren't bad, anyway), they need to check out the Trijicon night sights.

Colt Series 1991

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nothin wrong with that. I have a lw commander that i bought with aftermarket sights that i didn't care about, so i put nitesights on it and like them alot.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree.... I own a few "classic" (WWI, WWII vintage) but my carry guns are a home grown 1911A1 Government for winter and a 1991 Officers Model for summer. Both of them use fiber front sights that are great in low light conditions. The Government Model also has a set of Crimson Trace grips. CT grips are awesome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts