Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at this scope in the 3X32 flavor. My eyes are just too messed up to see the iron sights anymore and my astigmatisms prevent using an electronic sight ( I see two dots) Hoping someone here has actually mounted and shot the new Nikon P223. It would be going on my 6920. The size, weight and eye relief are perfect for an AR, and Nikon says it's parallax free at 100 yds., which is what I usually zero at. I'm not too crazy about the large target style turrets though.

Thanks for any experience you can share.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just mounted this scope on my Daniel Defense M4 V5...... haven't made it to the range yet, but as soon as I do I'll let you know. Hoping to make it either this coming weekend or after the 4th.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I know of three guys using them at Pueblo West's Tactical rifle matches. I've taken a sight picture with them and they are really clear bright optics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the m223 with the nikoplex reticle and it is a great scope. Easily hold a 5/8" group at 50 yards. I did notice the Nikon mount doesn't return to zero when you remount it like my Eotech does. It has three screws that clamp it to the rail and it needs zeroed after I remove it each time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the P223 3-9X40 on my Mini 14... I think it works really well for me. Obviously more expensive options out there but in my opinion the Nikon is one of the best scopes out there in that price range. If you want to avoid the turrets you could always look at the differenet Nikon Prostaff / Buckmaster / Monarch line of scopes depending on your budget. Hope you find the one that works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts