Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have this S & W Model 36 with Ivory grips..I bought the grips just after it was engraved in 1961. As you can see, the gun was engraved ( E. C. Prudhomme ) with the factory wooden grips on it, these grips cover part of the engraving. Question: Should I have the grips altered to the round top sytle, and who can do it, or look for a different set. Jim

SW.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would sell those, and buy a different set. You should get a good price for your set, they are real nice IMHO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know how you must feel about the expense of the engraving but it looks just fine as it is. IMHO it looks great and so do the grips. By the way, if you don;t mind, Who did the engraving for you?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E.T., Master Engraver E.C. Prudhomme, Louisiana..1961 same year I bought gun. unfired since...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Those are beautiful grips! If they are fitted tightly to the frame at the inletting at top, it may be possible to sand down the top to fit like the originals. That is something that I can do. Seems a shame to hide that nice engraving!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Beautiful gun also, I would sure like to see the other side!!!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I wouldn't touch it!

That is one fine piece and looks like a New Orleans card shark's gun. :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have this S & W Model 36 with Ivory grips..I bought the grips just after it was engraved in 1961. As you can see, the gun was engraved ( E. C. Prudhomme ) with the factory wooden grips on it, these grips cover part of the engraving. Question: Should I have the grips altered to the round top sytle, and who can do it, or look for a different set. Jim

View attachment 23658
I suggest you send a photo to Jim Alaimo at Nutmeg Sports and get his input. Here is the link
Nutmeg Sports, LLC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts