Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have been a lurker here for a while, and have really enjoyed reading all about your Colts (and other oddities) and wanted to see if I could get a little advice on a Python I am interested in.
The current owner (gunshop) says that it is a 1969 model, and the Serial number is E 2 _ _ _, and based on the information on the very helpful Proofhouse.com link I am not sure if he is right about the '69 age, or if it is a 1971 model (and if it matters anyway).
The gun with box, test target, and manual is about $1200.00 and the gun looks like it is in great shape.
So me being the noob that I am, what do you think about the whole deal?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
BoS

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
i would think the price is about average for a nice vintage gun with correct box/docs. it`s no steal in my opinion but someone will buy it judging the current market for colt revolvers.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Based on the E2--- serial number it would be a 1969 model.
Since you didn't fill out any profile, we don't know where you are located, and like FCinCa said, in Cali it's a buy it or lose it situation.
Otherwise, it sounds like just a fair deal based on your description and not being able to hold the gun in hand.
Based on current pricing.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just filled in my profile info, sorry. I am in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Thanks for the further info on the serial number, that helps with my purchase decision. Thanks for the welcome, and the responses! I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I got it!
I ended up getting it down to $1000.00 and I am hoping to see the gun delivered in the next week or so. My first Colt ever!

·
Registered
195 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I got it!
I ended up getting it down to $1000.00 and I am hoping to see the gun delivered in the next week or so. My first Colt ever!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job on the purchase. You scored on that one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I did the math on the purchase, it sold it self (that is what I told my wife anyway.)

Nice Python grips seem to be going for $150-$200
an original box with papers seems to be about $100-$200, so that brings this beautiful gun in around $600 to $800, which was a no brainer! That is what I call gun logic, anyway you do the math, you end up buying the one you want! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I will post some better pictures when I have it in hand. Any suggestions on a modern holster and speed loader leather maker that would do this thing justice on the rare occasions I wear it? Nothing too extravigant, I just need a solid rig. Kramer says they can handle 4" Pythons, but they do not offer speed loader pouches.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Congrats. Your first colt and its a Python. Doesn't get much better than that. I still have my first colt, an Agent I bought at a bargain price. Now all you have to worry about is the "I need another one" addiction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts