1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone else see this page:
Antivirus For Your PC or Mac

or a similar page

It looks like its only happening when I come here. Sometimes when I log in and sometimes when posting. Web page is redirected to a page that states that my Norton subscription is about to expire. I haven't opened it as I do not have Norton in my PC. Internet pages advises to install Malwarebytes which I do have. This doesn't seem to be in my computer. if this web site is corrupted I'm gone.

·
Administrator
1,199 Posts
  • What device are you using to access the site? Computer? Tablet? Phone?
  • Which operating system are you using? (Windows 10, etc.)
  • Which browser are you using? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, etc.)
  • Have you already tried clearing your cookies/cache?
- Cricket

·
Registered
130 Posts
If it was the website then everyone should be getting the norton pop up. I am not so that tells me it is your computer.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm using a Mac desktop, and sometimes I get that popup, but not as frequently as I got an "Adobe update" popup. These can be scams, I just close my browser, but it got to be such a pain I just didn't frequent this site for a while. It seems to have gotten better the last few days. I don't mind the other changes to the forum, but those things drive me crazy. This is the only place on the www I get it, at least on the places I go. I don't frequent the other forums owned by the new management here.

Serenitiy now.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I’m using an iPad and I am also getting the Norton and Adobe flash pop ups. It ONLY happens on this site and NEVER happened on the old site. It started last week... Oh heck, it happened while I was tying this post!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I get it and have had Norton for over 20 years. My subscription is not expired. FWIW the Norton message pops up on another site that use this software. Never had it show up anywhere else.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
  • What device are you using to access the site? Computer? Tablet? Phone?
  • Which operating system are you using? (Windows 10, etc.)
  • Which browser are you using? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, etc.)
  • Have you already tried clearing your cookies/cache?
- Cricket
Computor
Windows 10
Edge
Yes

Just now opened up Colt Forum and the browser switched to this page:

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it was the website then everyone should be getting the norton pop up. I am not so that tells me it is your computer.
Could be my computer, Malwarebytes doesn't detect anything. I'm not very computer savvy but I looked through apps and programs etc and this does not seem to be in my PC. I just thought it strange that it only seems to happen on Colt Forum.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m using an iPad and I am also getting the Norton and Adobe flash pop ups. It ONLY happens on this site and NEVER happened on the old site. It started last week... Oh heck, it happened while I was tying this post!
Okay so its not just me, because your issue you describe is similar to me.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just now cleared my cookies and the browser switched to one of those pages. I just now opened up Colt Forum and it didn't happen.
When I was clearing history I noticed that the Adope Flash button was on, but the settings advises to keep it off, so it is off now.

As for leaving this site, my comment about "if this site is corrupted I'm gone" was posted out of frustration. I don't remember starting this thread, I remember composing my op.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just out of curiosity, have you tried another browser such as Chrome?

(I am reporting this issue.)

- Cricket
No.
There's several web pages about this issue of the Norton pop-ups. I probably didn't need to insinuate that Colt Forum was corrupted, but after a few days of this nonsense (thanks to unscrupulous people out there on the web) I was getting annoyed.
I've been back on this site logged in logged out, back in went to several Forums and this issue didn't happen this time. So maybe it was my PC, but it wasn't just me.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I get the Norton scam popup- using a laptop bugs the hell out of me just get it coming to the colt forum

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same here. I don't get on here much but it seems every time I do it pops up. I'm getting a bit suspicious of this site.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts