1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks for posting this. That's a cool pistol! Very interesting history. You don't see Nazi proofed 1911 every day thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Check Legacy Collectible or Simpson websites, they list them every so often.
I was bidding on this one but it'll go too high for me I'm sure.
Mine is a few S/N's later, just in time to miss the Waffenamt (and associated high price) :)

·
Premium Member
19,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That jackthedog Norwegian nazi-proofed 45 went for $6720!! I guess since only 920 of those were supposedly manufactured, that is a reasonable price in this day and time.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
It's about what they go for when all-matching and non-import... maybe a little high for the condition but the guy who bought it had been looking for a long time.

·
Premium Member
19,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish the guy who was looking would have contacted me. Of course, my Norwegian is nearer the beginning of the SN rage and the one that sold was near the end of the known range.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I recently sold this 1942 example from my collection along with the original holster and 3 pocket magazine pouch. Other than the scarce Nazi marked examples the M1914 Kongsberg Colts are still in my opinion undervalued. Less than 33,000 were made between 1916 and 1946. I'll bet Colt was making that many 1911A1's a week during WWII and look what a high original condition 1942 Colt is selling for these days.
The holster and mag pouch are also scarce and many that you see today were dyed black in the post war period.
Kongsberg M1914 Rig NSN.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts