Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1945 M14 1911 Norwegian Colt. The outside of the pistol has all matching numbers on everything but the hammer and the barrel bushing. The only part on the inside numbered is the barrel. Is it possible it was put together this way?, all the earlier one's I have seen have all matching numbers on all the parts except the spring on the inside. I can't find any info that explains pistols put together from 1945-1947. Any info would be appreciated. Bill

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
My expectation, is that unless parts nave been swapped or replaced with those of another Pistol, the original configuration would be - that all Numbered Parts, would have the same Number.

Can you post some images?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
If the OP is saying that the hammer and barrel bushing on his 1945 manufactured M1914 Kongsberg Colt are completely unnumbered, they sound correct for a late pistol. In early 1934 Kongsberg stopped numbering the hammer, mag catch, firing pin and stop, recoil spring guide, extractor, sear and disconnector. They stopped numbering the ejector in 1942. If the hammer is the correct wide spur type, and the finish on all parts matches, you probably have a correct pistol. The most common thing I see on those pistols in the US is a replaced barrel, usually USGI surplus or some commercial barrel, replaced stocks, and the unique, serial numbered slide stop being replaced with a commercial type. Hundreds if not more of the Kongsberg M1914's were imported into the US in the 1950's and 60's and many were turned into "shooters" who bought them for about $24.95 at the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts