Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a British made Adams revolver made by Joseph Brazier. It is a 5 shot .44 revolver made around 1860. The revolver has the rare Brazier patented loading lever.
I have to seek more details. But one thing is for sure. I am very happy with this nice in very good working order and a lot of blue revolver.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Fun to see!

I really like the general run of .44/.45 British DA Percussion revolvers, and, yours is a Gem!

Are you going to Shoot it now and then just for fun? ( I would! )

It is interesting I think, that there were so many "DA" British Cap & Ball Revolvers, and, so relatively few American ones during that time period.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There where several DA revolvers at the time in America. Cooper and Starr for example. But the SA was far more favorite. I do not gonna shoot this revolver. It is in very good condition and is fit to do so. The lock works very good, the cilinderchamber is in line with the barrell and locked when you pull the trigger. But. Hey I am a collector. I preserve this revolver with good care and oil and display it. I do have even a good Colt Army model 1860 for more than 20 year. Never shot it. It is in good working order. That is for me enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts