Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my buddies S&W 1870 made Model 3 American 1st Model in .44 S&W American caliber. Yes, it's original, and it functions quite well. And he's still got a box of ammo. It's serial number is in the 300 range, it's known as the "oil hole variation", the first 1500 had an oil weep hole. Estimated value is we believe about $10,000 to$13,000. Here's a photo, Shoodaddy

·
Registered
946 Posts
Needless to say, but that is nice! I have one also, but is a relic. Mine came from montana, from a barn being torn down, also heard it was a old stage coach station. Mine has the barrel shorten to 4 inchs. Once I learn how to post pictures I will. Mine does not have the oil hole but is # 47xx. Makes it also in late 70, or 71.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply bogusbill, I'd love to see your Model 3 once you get the photos. You think my friend might let me shoot this sweatheart since he's got a box of ammo for it ? Man, that would be a thrill ! Just a couple of rounds to say I shot one of these. Maybe I'll ask him, hope he doesn't shoot me for even thinking about it though. Take care, Shoodaddy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts