Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just this morning I picked up a 1984 Officers Model in all Stainless Steel in pretty darn good shape!

Now, If they didn't sell these until 1986(?), then this one should be a military 'presentation' weapon to be given for whatever accomplishment or rank. You all probably know better than I.

I really have no idea what this thing may be worth, but I DO believe I paid a 'fair' price...it was certainly no gift, lol.

If you've got any pertinent knowledge, PLEASE share!!

20200801_145049.jpg 20200801_145111.jpg

·
Registered
406 Posts
In Wilson's book, Colt An American Legend, it indicates in the back of the book under serial number lookup that the Colt Officer's ACP Model MKIV began production in 1984 at serial number FAO2001 and ended in 1985 at serial number FAO9553. The 38th Edition of The Blue Book of Gun Values by Fjestad places a value of one in 95% condition at $650. You cannot always go by that book as prices have risen drastically on certain Colt models. If the information in Wilson's book is accurate, I would say that you have a fairly rare model. I have several other books on Colt Firearms but they make no mention of an Officer's ACP Model. Great looking .45; I like it.

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Not a presentation piece - just a commercial one whose history's online if you type in 'Colt Officer's ACP'.

It was Colt's answer to the custom chopped .45s of the time, and the one built specifically' by Rock Island Arsenal from in-stock GI .45s for General Officer issue - once Colt made these as production guns, those custom jobs died off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a presentation piece - just a commercial one whose history's online if you type in 'Colt Officer's ACP'.

It was Colt's answer to the custom chopped .45s of the time, and the one built specifically' by Rock Island Arsenal from in-stock GI .45s for General Officer issue - once Colt made these as production guns, those custom jobs died off.
Yeah, I figured it was probably nothing special...maybe limited in production...but nothing special.

Thanks @dogface6 !!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Colt Officer’s ACP MKIV serial FA23xxx. Obviously, Wilson is wrong again. The serial places it in 1986.

Reactions: tygr1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts