Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if these are Browning grips and if not which make are they? Posted in the lounge also.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Only if you have a gun for them, which is tricky. There were so many manufacturers of those guns that it is highly unlikely of finding a gun they will fit well. Even then, the guns often sell for around $100. I'd have a hard time paying $50 for them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only if you have a gun for them, which is tricky. There were so many manufacturers of those guns that it is highly unlikely of finding a gun they will fit well. Even then, the guns often sell for around $100. I'd have a hard time paying $50 for them.
thanks

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
How odd!

I posted earlier and now it is "gone"...or maybe it never appeared...

Well, I will see if I can re-create it then -

I will guess those are indeed Spanish...but, of course, there were many US Firms who offered small and medium frame 'Break Top' as well as Solid Frame Revolvers having that shape or form of Grip, and having a Monogramme of some sort on their Hard Rubber Stocks.

To me the Monogramme appears to read as "AGC", but I am not confident in the order of the Letters.

Definitely not 'Browning', nor, far as I know, did anyone produce any Browning designs which had those shape of Grip.

You could take the question to the 'Spanish Pistol Board' and see if anyone there may know what Firm/Manufacturer/Retailer the Monogramme stands for -

The Spanish Pistol Board

Good looking old Hard Rubber Stocks..!

Indeed, if someone happens to need a pair for that make of Revolver, they'd be very happy to get a pair as nice as these.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts