Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Now I'm really done. I said I was but the Colt flask became available...
and it came today..so now I'm really DONE.

it's a Colt marked/ Dixon marked reintroduction flask from the 1970/s and fits with all the originals I put together.
guns, 3 molds .36 .44 and .31 are original as well as the leather cap pouch and cap tin. (with some original caps in it)
IMG_0631.jpg

I'm calling it my 'Covid sanity project.

(I have a very understanding wife)
Ken

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice collection. You sure it's not 'just one more' ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It may not be period, but I made this one. German
DSCN1626.JPG
DSCN1627.JPG
silver and Masterton ivory grips. and of course, I made the sheath. Ken
DSCN1626.JPG

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes. I bought a Damascus blank , shaped it slowly and had a piece of steel welded to the tang to fit totally inside the handle. Mastodon ivory blank, cut and polished to the grip. The steel in the grip was first lined with German silver . and the tang cut, brazed and shaped to fit. the German silver leather sheath tie was fashioned then too.
the only thing you see around the grip is German silver and the tip is rounded silver also.
I used mercuric acid to bring out the blade design. Many coats, let sit washed off, then repeated. I used Ladder Damascus. I liked the look.
When all done, it is my desk letter opener.
go figure. It is razor sharp too.
the sheath is heavy saddle leather, four layers. the knife fits inside like it was a heavy holster.
one winters work...Ken

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes. I bought a Damascus blank , shaped it slowly and had a piece of steel welded to the tang to fit totally inside the handle. Mastodon ivory blank, cut and polished to the grip. The steel in the grip was first lined with German silver . and the tang cut, brazed and shaped to fit. the German silver leather sheath tie was fashioned then too.
the only thing you see around the grip is German silver and the tip is rounded silver also.
I used mercuric acid to bring out the blade design. Many coats, let sit washed off, then repeated. I used Ladder Damascus. I liked the look.
When all done, it is my desk letter opener.
go figure. It is razor sharp too.
the sheath is heavy saddle leather, four layers. the knife fits inside like it was a heavy holster.
one winters work...Ken
Don’t be so frigging lazy! Impressive work. Here’s mine, bought the knife. It was NIB 86’ buck 110. I hated the sheath. So I wet formed shoulder 8oz into the sheath.
Du

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Knifely done. yup. pun intentional

The pink Crocks however! HA Ken
(yeah I have a pair, but they're Manly Brown )

·
Registered
230 Posts
Knifely done. yup. pun intentional

The pink Crocks however! HA Ken
(yeah I have a pair, but they're Manly Brown )
My bad ass crocs are camo, you’ll never even see me coming. The pinks are my house crocs, wife doesn’t like outside shoes in the house. I think the color was so I WOULDN’T wear them outside. I’ll leave my underwear to your imagination, but thanks for the compliment on the sheath. Good to see a couple of us boys still got some man skills... like sewing....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts