Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
I hope you have better luck than me. I called Colt twice (and by email also) 12-18 months ago complaining about this POS and was told they would send it up to "Upper Management" and get back with me if needed. I explained how the differences in the originals and fakes were very easily distinguished. I also I explained how this was making us Collectors of Colts SICK and was even considering to stop collecting Colts if this guy wasnt shut down. He is devaluing our collection with every fake box made. I never heard back from them and he is still selling them with perfect feedback LOL (cant help but to laugh I guess:bang_wall:).

·
Registered
249 Posts
This may sound a little off of the wall, but I am also a coin collector. I have purchased and sold on ebay for years. One of the things when listing items on ebay, like coins, they always want to know if I am sure the are real and not fake. I have to agree that they are indeed real. On the other hand I do think that ebay just wants the money that they make by the listing and selling fee's. I am not sure that they would be willing to help but maybe one of us needs to step up to the plate and purchase a item from this guy. Then file a complaint with ebay that it is FAKE. I think it should be someone who has a lot of knowledge on the items. I will be more than happy to donate money to the cause. Just a ideal. Dennis

·
Registered
297 Posts
I also wrote a letter to Colt regarding the counterfeiting, supplying them with all the information on the perpetrators. Never heard back from them. They don't care, I guess its not affecting their new gun sales.

·
Banned
394 Posts
Chevrolet don't care that they make aftermarket parts or reproduction trim etc. for a 1961 super sport, so why would Colt care about a box for a python? Why would Colt care about someone putting a gun in a new box and selling it for original. They sell the plastic ones right now and people put guns in them everyday "factory Colt box" they say. Educate yourself and avoid them, that is your bet bet or embrace it and know that if you have a gun is an original box that you have the real deal.

Also know there are people that like to have a crisp box to put their gun in and don't care if it is original or not. Don't hate the player hate the game. Free market and capitalism that is what it is all about. Now if the man from TN was making guns and putting Colt on them that would be a different story. Like I said educate yourself and avoid them and let the man from TN be.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Chevrolet don't care that they make aftermarket parts or reproduction trim etc. for a 1961 super sport, so why would Colt care about a box for a python? Why would Colt care about someone putting a gun in a new box and selling it for original. They sell the plastic ones right now and people put guns in them everyday "factory Colt box" they say. Educate yourself and avoid them, that is your bet bet or embrace it and know that if you have a gun is an original box that you have the real deal.

Also know there are people that like to have a crisp box to put their gun in and don't care if it is original or not. Don't hate the player hate the game. Free market and capitalism that is what it is all about. Now if the man from TN was making guns and putting Colt on them that would be a different story. Like I said educate yourself and avoid them and let the man from TN be.
I disagree with you on one thing. There is reason to hate the player. Read his description. He's deceiving people saying they are 100% original in every detail. Very misleading. Not everyone knows what a fake box is. That's lying, taking advantage and what's bad is he knows it. Just an example; if you had a 1951 Harley Panhead with a missing headlight bucket and were looking for an original and this guy said he has a 100% original in every detail bucket knowingly is a repro trying to make you beleive it's original and you purchased it to later find out it was a fake you would pretty sure be pissed. You took his word and didn't have an original bucket to compare it too and were't familiar enough with what an original bucket looked like. If he'd say reproduction boxes that would be different. Then the buyer could decide if he wanted a repro box to put his gun in. His description is pure crap.

* You Can never ever find these boxes in this condition. 100% original in every detail-- Geez...
* only have a limited qty.---So buy now----I promise you you will never get a chance to get one of these again!!!-- Oh really? You've been saying this for several years now and the stock keeps rolling in. LOL
* Box comes with FREE Colt Manual,Colt Welcome Letter, Colt Warranty Card (Buy the box and the paperwork is FREE)-- LMAO!(laughing my A** off!) OMG PLEASE... Buy a fake box for $185 and I'll give you free fake paperwork! LOL

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
I disagree with you on one thing. There is reason to hate the player. Read his description. He's deceiving people saying they are 100% original in every detail. Very misleading. Not everyone knows what a fake box is. That's lying, taking advantage and what's bad is he knows it. Just an example; if you had a 1951 Harley Panhead with a missing headlight bucket and were looking for an original and this guy said he has a 100% original in every detail bucket knowingly is a repro trying to make you beleive it's original and you purchased it to later find out it was a fake you would pretty sure be pissed. You took his word and didn't have an original bucket to compare it too and were't familiar enough with what an original bucket looked like. If he'd say reproduction boxes that would be different. Then the buyer could decide if he wanted a repro box to put his gun in. His description is pure crap.

* You Can never ever find these boxes in this condition. 100% original in every detail-- Geez...
* only have a limited qty.---So buy now----I promise you you will never get a chance to get one of these again!!!-- Oh really? You've been saying this for several years now and the stock keeps rolling in. LOL
* Box comes with FREE Colt Manual,Colt Welcome Letter, Colt Warranty Card (Buy the box and the paperwork is FREE)-- LMAO!(laughing my A** off!) OMG PLEASE... Buy a fake box for $185 and I'll give you free fake paperwork! LOL
Absolutely! Just read his description on these "ivory" grips.

Colt Ivory Python Grips -Grip will fit All I Frame : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

·
Registered
475 Posts

I am confused when Vikrant says ......" The Colt Custom shop and I are the only ones allowed to purchase these grips " ...... Who or what gave him the authorization to be one of ONLY two people to be able to sell these grips ? Has anyone contacted the Colt Custom Shop to see if THEY have these for sale , ( I highly doubt that they sell these cheep looking STOCKS .) His ads kind of make me chuckle but at the same time he suckers people in .

·
Registered
173 Posts
Capitalism is not warriors of the wasteland. It is everyone swimming in their own lane as fast as they can according to rules we all agree upon. Contracts are a necessity, but they're not worth the paper they're printed on if you can't trust anyone. Just as locks only keep honest people out. Truth in advertising is an essential component if capitalism is to succeed. Civil society is also an essential component, as it produces more honest people.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
At 165$, If those were real Colt Ivories I'd be buying every set he had, He only needs one uneducated person for every sale he makes and there must be a lot of them cause he's at 1953 sales and counting.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
A few weeks ago I was looking on GB in the Walther section for a pp and I noticed our friend vikrant had an "authentic pp manual" from from the early sixties for sale. My god this guy gets around!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Hi I did one better and sent Brent,the head of the Colt Custom Shop the link for this in a Private message.He hasn't gotten back to me yet.The sad thing is that there are many,many uneducated and lazy buyers.They get a gun in one of these boxes and off it goes to the safe for many a year and the buyer will never know it.They are too lazy to research the product and are ripe for the picking.

I am confused when Vikrant says ......" The Colt Custom shop and I are the only ones allowed to purchase these grips " ...... Who or what gave him the authorization to be one of ONLY two people to be able to sell these grips ? Has anyone contacted the Colt Custom Shop to see if THEY have these for sale , ( I highly doubt that they sell these cheep looking STOCKS .) His ads kind of make me chuckle but at the same time he suckers people in .

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
I sent GB a fraud alert regarding his misrepresentation of the grips. I seriously doubt they'll do anything. If they do check with him, Vikrant will probably send me a nasty gram.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts