Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted back in January to encourage Colt collectors to join the CCA and several of you took me up on it -- so thank you!

We're just coming off of a very successful convention held in Noblesville, Indiana. It was well attended -- the tables were sold out and the exhibits were excellent. It's great to see all the chatter about the show, the praise for the fantastic displays and the in-person connections made by those who have only communicated online for years.

Several of you commented on the trouble you were having signing up through the site. we heard you loud and clear and a small group of us have been diligently working on this and have just found a new web vendor to correct this and we are having success. Before the show, we went live with a new membership management system that works well and has streamlined the process for joining and renewing memberships.

This is just the beginning -- the next phase includes a complete website redesign which will eventually include members-only content. If you've been thinking about becoming a member, I would strongly encourage you to do so.

The link to sign up (or renew) and pay securely by credit card is here: CCA Membership Sign-up or Renewal

As I mentioned in my previous post, we've recently added some younger and more technically savvy members to the CCA board, and with these additions comes the expectation of online access to information as well as the need for the association to evolve -- and we're already seeing progress. Our president and the other officers and directors are fully committed to the continued growth and success of the CCA for many years to come.

Those of you who are CCA members already know that CCA's Rampant Colt Magazine is among the best if not the best gun collecting magazine. If you're not a member, it's worth the $50 annual membership fee just to get the four issues of the magazine. International Colt enthusiasts -- you are also welcome and strongly encouraged to join!

Now that we're back to having shows, your annual membership or life membership also gets you free access to the four day all-Colt show. If you've never attended one, it's four days of nothing but Colts -- and a great opportunity to meet in person many of the Colt enthusiasts who frequent the Colt Forum. Next year's show is in Concord, NC and we hope to see you all there!

As mentioned above, we've also improved the sign-up process so you can pay online using a credit card. I've been a member for 30 years and have met some of my best friends through this great organization. If you have questions, please ask -- and I and the rest of the CCA board welcome any questions, comments and suggestions you may have for ways to improve the CCA.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and continued support,

Sam Lisker
Director, CCA

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I posted back in January to encourage Colt collectors to join the CCA and several of you took me up on it -- so thank you!

We're just coming off of a very successful convention held in Noblesville, Indiana. It was well attended -- the tables were sold out and the exhibits were excellent. It's great to see all the chatter about the show, the praise for the fantastic displays and the in-person connections made by those who have only communicated online for years.

Several of you commented on the trouble you were having signing up through the site. we heard you loud and clear and a small group of us have been diligently working on this and have just found a new web vendor to correct this and we are having success. Before the show, we went live with a new membership management system that works well and has streamlined the process for joining and renewing memberships.

This is just the beginning -- the next phase includes a complete website redesign which will eventually include members-only content. If you've been thinking about becoming a member, I would strongly encourage you to do so.

The link to sign up (or renew) and pay securely by credit card is here: CCA Membership Sign-up or Renewal

As I mentioned in my previous post, we've recently added some younger and more technically savvy members to the CCA board, and with these additions comes the expectation of online access to information as well as the need for the association to evolve -- and we're already seeing progress. Our president and the other officers and directors are fully committed to the continued growth and success of the CCA for many years to come.

Those of you who are CCA members already know that CCA's Rampant Colt Magazine is among the best if not the best gun collecting magazine. If you're not a member, it's worth the $50 annual membership fee just to get the four issues of the magazine. International Colt enthusiasts -- you are also welcome and strongly encouraged to join!

Now that we're back to having shows, your annual membership or life membership also gets you free access to the four day all-Colt show. If you've never attended one, it's four days of nothing but Colts -- and a great opportunity to meet in person many of the Colt enthusiasts who frequent the Colt Forum. Next year's show is in Concord, NC and we hope to see you all there!

As mentioned above, we've also improved the sign-up process so you can pay online using a credit card. I've been a member for 30 years and have met some of my best friends through this great organization. If you have questions, please ask -- and I and the rest of the CCA board welcome any questions, comments and suggestions you may have for ways to improve the CCA.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and continued support,

Sam Lisker
Director, CCA
hello, sam; sounds like a very good move in the right direction.

highest regards, bro

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Remember when you were a kid waiting for the mailman to deliver the Johnson Smith or J.C. Whitney catalog or the latest comic book? Well, that's me waiting for the next issue of "The Rampant Colt". Of all the publications I receive, it's the best. Outstanding articles and incredible photography! I save every issue in my library. Well worth the annual dues.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,688 Posts
Sam

Great encouragement and we appreciate all that you and the other board members do. Many thanks for the updates to the website and the ease of renewing and joining. An added feature this year was the free Saturday night heavy Hors d'oeuvres in lieu of dinner. It has been quite successful on Friday nights for the last several years. Saturday has always been a busy night with the raffles, awards presentation, and big auction that closing the show at 4 pm and then having Hors d'oeuvres seemed to work out fine. We had a much larger attendance as well.

I have a feeling that next year's show may end up being the biggest one yet. Thanks to all of the Forum members that stopped by our table to introduce themselves and say hello. It's always nice to put a face with the name.

On a side note, I thought that the location this year was one of the best. The hotel staff seemed to go out of their way to make sure that everything worked well for us. I really enjoyed all of the lounge areas that we had with comfortable seating so various groups could sit around at night and enjoy a good conversation. I don't know if we solved any problems of the world but we sure had some great conversations about Colts.

Cam

·
Registered
220 Posts
I recently joined the forum and I joined the CCA a couple of months ago and am glad I did. We drove out to the convention in Noblesville and had a great time. We had Friday and Saturday reserved but were getting out there around midnight Thursday so we called ahead and they had a room for us. We spent all day Fri and Sat at the show and attended the auction. It really was unbelievable. The hotel was great, the food and service was awesome. I will be renewing every year and can't wait till next years show, I will be making reservations very soon.
Product Alcoholic beverage Font Drink Material property

·
Registered
220 Posts
If it wasn’t for this forum I would not have known about the CCA convention. Originally my buddies and I were going to drive down to Knob Creek to attend the last machine gun shoot-we all went there 10 years ago and it was awesome. Once I decided to go to the Colt show, I had to cancel the trip to Shepherdsville Kentucky the following weekend because Mrs. Swamp Yankee wouldn’t be too happy If I went to both. Plus it would’ve been like 3600 miles round trip for both weekends. The other option we discussed would’ve been to go to Noblesville with my buddies, kill a couple days out there then go to Shepherdsville the following weekend then drive home. She wouldn’t of gone for that either. LOL

·
The Consummate Collector
7,688 Posts
If it wasn’t for this forum I would not have known about the CCA convention. Originally my buddies and I were going to drive down to Knob Creek to attend the last machine gun shoot-we all went there 10 years ago and it was awesome. Once I decided to go to the Colt show, I had to cancel the trip to Shepherdsville Kentucky the following weekend because Mrs. Swamp Yankee wouldn’t be too happy If I went to both. Plus it would’ve been like 3600 miles round trip for both weekends. The other option we discussed would’ve been to go to Noblesville with my buddies, kill a couple days out there then go to Shepherdsville the following weekend then drive home. She wouldn’t of gone for that either. LOL
Glad that you made the decision that you did and hope you enjoyed the show.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts