Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a hot button topic right now where many feel they initially caved to political pressure over Bump Stocks, however what is everyone?s opinion on the NRA? I?m conflicted. On one hand I hate to waste my money on lobbyist bank accounts who are more self serving than helping, on the other, I want to take a stand protecting our second amendment rights. Ultimately I decided to join. Just curious what others think.

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
Just my opinion, but the NRA is the only group with enough members and money to make a difference for gun owners. I don't like everything they do, but I don't necessarily like everything my friends do either.

As far as the bump stocks, no one I knew ever thought that the BATF would make them legal to begin with. I had much rather the BATF made a ruling on them than let Senator Feinstein decide along with a grocery list of other legislation she would like to have.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
The NRA is the only gun organization that has enough clout to actually protect our rights. I find it difficult to believe that any gun owner would not belong to the NRA. I also support our state organization which has an uphill battle here in California.

Jim

·
Registered
9,637 Posts
NRA Life Member since 1977...

While they did let me down by caving on the bump stock issue at first...I do believe they have now righted the course.

For me...a bump stock is NOT something I want or would use...but if you give 'em ( Gun Control Cranks ) an inch, they WILL want the mile.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I've been a Life member longer than I can remember and an Endowment member for going on 5 years. I don't agree with everything they do, but like others have said, who else are you going to depend on to guard your rights? Yes, RIGHTS, given by God, not man. Not only rights, but duty to country and your fellow man being armed and ready. My oath didn't end when I was discharged. I simply went from active duty to militia.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
If you can afford to buy guns and ammunition, you should in my opinion be able to afford an NRA membership. I'm not a big donor to the NRA but when I order gun stuff online I "add a buck" or "round up" so they my share anyway.
I'm also a member of GOA and I do donate to them a couple of times a year.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Join, if you do not agree with something they do or endorse you have a right to voice an opinion.

I've been a life member since I was 16. Both of my girls are life members.

When I see a N.R.A. booth at a gun show I give them enough $ for 3 to 5 Jr. memberships, I just tell them to pick out kids as they see them and ask the parents if it's O.K. Membership numbers speak loud and clear to those in office.

Take care.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Just my opinion, but the NRA is the only group with enough members and money to make a difference for gun owners. I don't like everything they do, but I don't necessarily like everything my friends do either.

As far as the bump stocks, no one I knew ever thought that the BATF would make them legal to begin with. I had much rather the BATF made a ruling on them than let Senator Feinstein decide along with a grocery list of other legislation she would like to have.

Well, I am quoting "JohhnyP" again, but I feel the exact same way!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The nra just wants your money to keep they're fancy museums going so the rich nra members can make a deal to keep they're guns when your's are gone!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The "left" is the biggest threat to our second amendment rights everyday. The elites want us disarmed so they can control us. The NRA is fighting to reverse the stupid laws that infringe on our rights. We have to be diligent in our fight to keep what is rightfully ours!! We must never give in or give up! Our forefathers were very intelligent people that created the constitution to protect us. The moron politicians are afraid of the NRA and the power it can wield in elections. We must stand united and grow the organization that will defend our right to keep and bear arms. That is why I am a lifetime member! I'll encourage every person I come across to join and support the fight against evil.

Over the years I have converted many folks that were ignorant about the 2nd amendment and guns. I took the time to teach what I know, and take them to the range. Once they were hooked/converted then I would encourage them to join the NRA. Like others have pointed out here they (NRA) are not perfect but I believe in them. Remember that there is strength in numbers!!! God Bless America!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.