Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some help with a new service 357 revolver shipped May 9, 1940 trying to understand exactly what I have and maybe a value if anyone knows. I will attach pictures. Thanks for any help. Russ
[/URL]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Would love to see your photos but photo bucket is not showing them. Not sure if they want the poster to pay for the photo sharing service or the viewer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so Photobucket does not work any more unless you pay $$ so I uploaded the pictures on Imgur please look now. Thanks Russ

·
Administrator
7,159 Posts
Photos 1 & 2 are showing for me .

Reactions: MMCSRET

·
Administrator
7,159 Posts
Yes sir , understood . Just updating the status . I responded at 10:26 pm EST and assumed they weren't showing prior .

To the op , I like those grips . Looking forward to a closer view of them please .

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sorry, can't help with a value but you have an extremely nice Colt revolver in excellent cosmetic condition, which I suspect would bring a good amount of money. It could not have been shot or handled much to be in such great shape. The experts in value will hopefully be along soon.

·
The Consummate Collector
6,765 Posts
Your New Service looks to be in excellent condition with a set of custom made stocks. I assume that you have a Colt factory letter since you know the exact shipping date. I would put your gun in the $1800-$2400 range. If you were looking at selling it you may do better to find a set of original stocks for it and include the factory letter. Many collectors want a high condition gun such as yours in original condition. The custom stocks could then sell on e-Bay where they should do very well. I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Sometimes oversized grips such as those that have been on the gun for a long time, tend to leave an "impression" or print in the blued finish that may show if original grips are used. A quick check will tell. Very nice NS and Grips look to be a forerunner of later Colt Target Grips of OM post war revolvers. the Jackson

1 - 15 of 15 Posts