Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a pic of my Null SMZ for my freshly Matte Chromed Dick Spl. No Rust and easy to conceal. Soon to be augmented with a Agent or Cobra!
geichal 100_1272.jpg

·
Registered
382 Posts
You sir are a true afficionado of the Snub revolver. Loved the pictures of your snubs in the revolver section. The SMZ is intriguing would like to see how the City Slicker works as I too own a DS and a 640Pro.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
I got one of those a couple years ago. I like that they are small and simple and dont have alot of bulky,thick,wide straps and buckles all over the place. I got one because I didnt like how bulky most of the others were.
Unfortunately, I dont care for the loud,clanky,ripping open of the plastic holder and the big steel buckle making a loud metallic racket when I pull the gun out. I also dont like the fact that the gun's blued steel cylinder scrapes across the steel snap,on it's way out. I noticed also that I can push on the bottom of the stock/grip and the trigger will push against the big steel buckle and start to cock the gun while in the holster. I never jammed it up far enough to see if i could fully drop the hammer in that manner but I am not too keen on that feature.
On the plus side, the rig is great for concealing the gun.And if you have to pull the gun out really fast, it works well in that regard.I'm still looking for a light, petite,simple, shoulder holster that is quiet,holds then gun securely,and that dosent gouge the finish,and its not all that important on how fast i can jank it out of the holster. Ill probably end up making one myself.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything from Null is top notch! I have had a couple of his shoulder holsters in the past and they all have worked very well in addition to concealing very easily. In the last year or so, I have kinda shifted back to wheelguns! I have desire to find a snub New Service in big bore slide in a carry piece.
geichal

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got one of those a couple years ago. I like that they are small and simple and dont have alot of bulky,thick,wide straps and buckles all over the place. I got one because I didnt like how bulky most of the others were.
Unfortunately, I dont care for the loud,clanky,ripping open of the plastic holder and the big steel buckle making a loud metallic racket when I pull the gun out. I also dont like the fact that the gun's blued steel cylinder scrapes across the steel snap,on it's way out. I noticed also that I can push on the bottom of the stock/grip and the trigger will push against the big steel buckle and start to cock the gun while in the holster. I never jammed it up far enough to see if i could fully drop the hammer in that manner but I am not too keen on that feature.
On the plus side, the rig is great for concealing the gun.And if you have to pull the gun out really fast, it works well in that regard.I'm still looking for a light, petite,simple, shoulder holster that is quiet,holds then gun securely,and that dosent gouge the finish,and its not all that important on how fast i can jank it out of the holster. Ill probably end up making one myself.
I never noticed this holster as being any louder then any of my other shoulder holsters. However, it is not the holster for everyone. It took me a while to work my first one in rotation, getting comfortable with it's operation.
geichal

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
I have a Null SKR for J frame S&Ws and an SMZ for Walther PPKs. The SKR is only made for S&W J frames. Ken does not make it for Detective Specials.

Since the backs of the snaps on the holster body are exposed metal, get some moleskin at the drug store and put some on the back of the snaps so they don't scratch your gun's finish. The moleskin has some type of adhesive on one side. If it starts to come off, just cut another piece and stick it on the snap. It stays on quite well, though. I put some on both the SKR and the SMZ snaps and it works great.

Both rigs make a bit of noise when you draw the guns. Who cares? The gun is being drawn for a purpose, it doesn't have to be steathy at that point in the scenario.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You can also use the fuzzy side of those little round (they come square also) velcro tabs...I get them at the 99 cent store. I put them on the back side of thumb snaps so the don't scratch my finish...:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts